• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Testing and what's to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TGE]Gloriousdixon

Backer
I had a good time during the stress tests its such a good feeling to see how far the game has come even from the last stress test there was so much improvement whereas the last test i barely was able to play because it was buggy as all hell but this time the game felt solid as hell honestly a great job by the devs and i cant wait to see this game when its fully released

Norton

that guy who does things with sfm
Backer
Really enjoyed it this time, better then before by a long shot.

But, there was a problem with sound settings since when I changed the sound effects to a lower point they were still extremely loud.
Hope you had this reported :)

I'm a Mac user but I also have it bootcamped so no problems here! Excited to give it a go, jut need to get the registration issue solved.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I'm a Mac user but I also have it bootcamped so no problems here! Excited to give it a go, jut need to get the registration issue solved.
The 2nd round of tests is over bud, probably why you have reg issues... glad to see some Mac users not complaining and trying things ;) kudos.

Proliphic

Backer
why was there not any emails sent out to let backers know about the testing ? i mean i get that alot of people just check the forums regularly but the backers who paid SHOULD have at least gotten a courtesy email saying "hey we are starting testing, heres a link"

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Herzbeatz

Tik Tok Master
Backer
there was also a kickstarter email send out for backers, might have landed in the spam folder or you changed your email?!

Amit

Hey all,

Firstly thank you all so much for the continued support and help finding bugs! Our second round of testing has just come to an end. We're super happy with server stability and added features, those that weren't working were simple and easy to fix issues. We've brought the servers down now, we apologize to Mac users who didn't get a go this round but promise you Mac builds will be ready for EA. We'll be doing a more detailed and technical update sometime shortly, this will include our future plans and possible time frames. Thanks once again!
I have missed out on the 1st two testing rounds, although I am very very very much keen to participate in the upcoming round for this beautiful game...

Keep up the development guys...

Thanks

Oceanhawk

So it's been 1 1/2 years since we were originally told it would be in alpha for us backers to pay. I've been patient but seriously WTF? Too late to get a refund?

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
So it's been 1 1/2 years since we were originally told it would be in alpha for us backers to pay. I've been patient but seriously WTF? Too late to get a refund?
/rolls eyes

Sarcasm aside, I suggest you read through the forums and educate yourself on the current state of development. Yeah things are moving slower than the Devs anticipated back when the Kickstarter was funded but things are starting to pick up.

Oceanhawk

Thanks for your unenlightening retort. Now how about something from someone that actually knows something?

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Thanks for your unenlightening retort. Now how about something from someone that actually knows something?

The fact that you've been a forum member for nearly a year and you don't have a backer badge (let alone haven't made a single post up till now) leads me to believe you haven't sought any information for yourself and would rather be spoonfed (assuming you've pre-ordered STN). At the very least I suggest you start here: http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/backer-badges-for-all-backers.3284/ , if you can't figure out how to start a conversation with JB look here: http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/sending-private-messages.5598/ and if you want email notifications whenever the Devs post updates look here: http://community.survivethenights.n...mail-updates-for-official-announcements.5674/.

Your assumption that I don't know anything about the current state of the game's development is laughable. I would expect a comment like that from someone much younger than you. The Devs have apologized on multiple occasions that they suck at setting dates (again if you'd bother to read through even some of the more recent updates you would have known this). They were overly ambitious with the date they previously gave for the alpha, and even so to a lesser degree with their pre-alpha test dates (even though these were ESTIMATES).

As I said before things are starting to pick up and move more smoothly. The recently past 2nd round of testing went pretty well with all things considered. Sorry you missed out but that comes back to that reading thing I may have mentioned. ;) With the completion of the 2nd round of pre-alpha testing the Devs are now busy fixing bugs and working on more features for the next round of testing, whenever that may be.

Norton

that guy who does things with sfm
Backer
You surely must have acknowledged this fact by now, but the developers have made many apologies, but what they are doing is simply what is best for the game right now, to make it even better then proposed during the kickstarter.

You've been a member of this community for how long...?

Oh, I see...

Well, either way, being a member of this community for longer then you have, I've seen the developers apologize for the given dates of ''This and that'' and It's all good, I very much doubt you have been keeping track either and I cannot tell whether you're trolling or not.

@Jayty
I clearly deserve community moderator for how I handled this, I'll pay if need be.

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
*Can only bite my tongue so long*

Did you know Racecar backwards is Racecar?

I hope this information is useful in your quest for knowledge because asking the way you have, you ain't going to get any more of an enlightened answer with a dumbass question and a vile attitude toward those that are trying to help ... be happy @Montauk (a community Mod who knows nothing?) was polite enough to respond to you in the manner he did.

I think you have been waiting too patiently if you ain't even bothered to keep track of development, which I am kinda glad you ain't... as I know we would not get along.

P.S Welcome Back and I'll apologize before-hand to the rest of the community for being an ass here.

Last edited:

Proliphic

Backer
there was also a kickstarter email send out for backers, might have landed in the spam folder or you changed your email?!
I received no such email nor have I changed my email since pre ordering the game. And yes I had checked my spam folder.

Also I can appreciate that there is a way to get emails about new threads or posts but I don't want an email everytime someone posts on these forums nor should we be required to.. but a mass email sent to the email addresses that had paid to back this game should have been sent out.. and if it indeed was sent out how come I never received one??

Anyways thanks for the response and I do look forward to the next round of testing .

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I received no such email nor have I changed my email since pre ordering the game. And yes I had checked my spam folder.

Also I can appreciate that there is a way to get emails about new threads or posts but I don't want an email everytime someone posts on these forums nor should we be required to.. but a mass email sent to the email addresses that had paid to back this game should have been sent out.. and if it indeed was sent out how come I never received one??

Anyways thanks for the response and I do look forward to the next round of testing .
You won't get an email every time someone posts, only if the Devs make a new announcement in the News & Announcements section of the forums (if you follow the directions here: http://community.survivethenights.n...mail-updates-for-official-announcements.5674/ ).

The Devs DID do a mass email for the 1st round of testing, but I believe there was a problem (quoted from this thread: http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/no-multiplayer.4980/#post-57084).
We'll try and send emails out next round however last time we tried to send a mass email we got a ton of shit from providers, blocking our IPS claiming we were spamming email accounts. This created massive issues for us :(
I don't know if they tried to mass email everyone for the 2nd round of testing or not, but if they did they ran into issues again.

*edit*
Also I see you didn't register on the forums until April 26th 2016. Not sure when you pre-ordered, but the 2nd round of testing was over prior to you registering on the forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.