• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Thoughts on status and direction of the game

Thread starter #1

RTG_Bandit

Backer
**DISCLAIMER** I'm really trying not to bash this game it may sound harsh in some areas but just giving constructive criticism

Ok STN was finally released!!!! i fully expect servers to be messed up that's no big deal especially with it somehow being a not so unlisted first day! I do have to raise a few questions tho and fanboys please hold your hate.

Question 1
After seeing the current state of the game and knowing that the release was basically pushed back a year i have to ask was there even a game last year?

Question 2
I get that this is a small 5 man dev team, but given the fact that you asked for something like 12k in kickstarter and got somewhere in the ball park of 100k wouldn't you feel it necessary to maybe hire on a couple more devs to make this dream so many of us bought in to come true?

Question 3
What are your goals for the pvp interactions? I feel like this game is way more suited for a co-op experience! its clear that the mmo style 30+ player count for this game is highly unrealistic mainly just from watching the trailer and seeing all it takes to raid a base is beating a hammer on a pad lock...If it takes a solo player lets say 10 in game hours to loot the supplies to fortify a house and then a group of 3 roll up and kill him and get in to his base and take all his thing with just a hammer in a matter of seconds i would say that's a broken mechanic and needs to be addressed!

Ideas and thoughts to make STN a much better
experience

Id start off by drastically increasing the running speed!! At least for the time being since cars are not in the game

Get rid of that god awful stomach noise!

Increase the amount of melee weapons found so we can at least take on more than one zombie at a time!

swimming is a basic survival mechanic and 3+ years in development there is really no reason why its not in the game!

Please give us a single player off line option

I'm wondering the samething! Is the reason for all the delays is that they never even made the game? At this state it looks like something thrown together in a matter of weeks not years. I might be able to throw a walking sim like the game in this state in probs a few weeks. This really concerns me. How could this many years of development lead up to this. Also the Early Accsess trailer is kinda false advertising since none of those features are in the game.

Also to add I'm concerned about what happened on the Streamer named Kotton's stream. Ohdemgames the mod setup a scripted event to make the game in its state look like it has gameplay.

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
1. Yes, I played it during stress test.

2. 100k divided among 5 devs plus software fees. amounts to 20k a year. They had an intern for a while.

3. PVp is being discouraged in this game intentionally. After a certain point your sanity dips so low, your character dies.

To Jack, As someone who was trained by a triple A studio dev. This does not look like it was thrown together in a few weeks.

the mod merely added items into the game, which is currently bugged. Otherwise it's the same.

Thread starter #5

RTG_Bandit

Backer
1. Yes, I played it during stress test.

2. 100k divided among 5 devs plus software fees. amounts to 20k a year. They had an intern for a while.

3. PVp is being discouraged in this game intentionally. After a certain point your sanity dips so low, your character dies.

To Jack, As someone who was trained by a triple A studio dev. This does not look like it was thrown together in a few weeks.

the mod merely added items into the game, which is currently bugged. Otherwise it's the same.
even if your guy dies you can just respawn and have your friends give you back the loot...i think this system definitely needs some work pvp is one thing base raiding is a whole other beast

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
even if your guy dies you can just respawn and have your friends give you back the loot...i think this system definitely needs some work pvp is one thing base raiding is a whole other beast
It's getting worked on. They are working now to fix the initial issues like loot, invisible zombies. And then after christmas. They will work on getting more features in.

Thread starter #7

RTG_Bandit

Backer
It's getting worked on. They are working now to fix the initial issues like loot, invisible zombies. And then after christmas. They will work on getting more features in.
i get all that but i figured that would be stuff they worked on this last year they pushed it back...like i played the stress tests as well you telling me you see drastic change in the last year?

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Agree with @cladriah on this, they really should be focusing on fixing what we've got, as if they try and implement more features then they'd likely bring more bugs and longer time until we have something reliable and fun to play

The thing about that is once you die, you'll be spawn far away from where you died. It could take you in game a day to find your body but by the time you get there all your stuff is gone. Also getting there unscathed is not easy.

Thread starter #11

RTG_Bandit

Backer
The thing about that is once you die, you'll be spawn far away from where you died. It could take you in game a day to find your body but by the time you get there all your stuff is gone. Also getting there unscathed is not easy.
But your forgetting about the whole friends thing
Your friends can get your gear and bring it back to base