• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Tier 2 door locks, enhance building fortifications

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Ive taken a look at magnetic locks as one form of improved door locks.

The following video details how to install magnetic locks
Guessing it then links into a card reader system or electronic keypad - which would possibly work best in STN since there's already a combination system based on numbers. I do like the idea of a card system better its just cooler haha.

Magnetic locks should be much stronger to break, without really knowing as ive not researched how much punishing they take. Im sure after enough pounding they'd be bypassed. It would require some exotic crafting bits to upgrade to magnetic locks, i'd say well worth it for the sophistication and options potential. For example you could link a magnetic lock system into your radio for remote arming, or to a breaching alarm which gives you a warning on your radio or something similar like a cellphone that zombies or another player is attempting to breach the lock. This also should be in line with the year the games set in 2000, pretty sure magnetic locks arn't anything new. If such tech existed since stargate and before i'd say its been around alot longer.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
OK, I've done this IRL. Mag locks integrated in to the software the company I worked for wrote. But the question has to be power. I always fitted mag locks to be open in the event of power failure, so you'd probably need a constant power source to keep them going.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
OK, I've done this IRL. Mag locks integrated in to the software the company I worked for wrote. But the question has to be power. I always fitted mag locks to be open in the event of power failure, so you'd probably need a constant power source to keep them going.
Could be fun with gas generators :oops:

Can they be run on battery?