• Hello Guest,

Bug reports can be made using our in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Too many zombies?

Thread starter #1

LonelyBeaver

Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn
Backer
So starting out in the game I'm always finding myself too worried entering buildings without weapons when there is sometimes even 1 zombie inside. I feel the hit box and the damaged dealt to zombies is a bit shit and that I find myself all out avoiding zombies whenever I'm looting. I know that this is kinda the point of the game but is anyone else finding it really hard initially to get loot due to zombie numbers in houses? Just want to get a feel of what the community is thinking and whether it's something the creators should have a look at or something I just need to get over and deal with in game.

I feel that the amount of zombies in each house is a little too much as well... or rather I mean the chance of zombies in a house is too high. I have had little to no problem however when it comes to zombies ( excluding their bugs). As for melee I do agree that it is a little useless unless I happen to run out of ammo... I feel there can be more to melee; like better and varied damage outputs depending on the weapon... I have found that I'd rather use my fists then a machete as the machete can allow one hit for a zombie while fists will constantly make the zombie flinch. I find little to no zombie problem as I usually draw zombies out one by one until there are no more. When I play, I don't try looting every house as I want to minimize the amount of ammo I use... I don't see too much of a problem in avoiding houses unless I see something I want through a window.:p:cool:

So starting out in the game I'm always finding myself too worried entering buildings without weapons when there is sometimes even 1 zombie inside. I feel the hit box and the damaged dealt to zombies is a bit shit and that I find myself all out avoiding zombies whenever I'm looting. I know that this is kinda the point of the game but is anyone else finding it really hard initially to get loot due to zombie numbers in houses? Just want to get a feel of what the community is thinking and whether it's something the creators should have a look at or something I just need to get over and deal with in game.
When I start out, I usually force them to go thru a window instead of a door to get to me. I can usually land 3-4 punches on one before it has a chance to fight back. I will only try to aggro one at a time if possible. If I can’t then I just move on to the next house.

Best advice I can give you is as soon as you start out your life, loot a log on the ground or a burn barrel for a piece of firewood, and craft a club. when you come to a house, ease up to it and let 1 zombie aggro on you at a time. It may take a few times to get the sense of how far you should be but you'll eventually get used to it and ultimately gain more confidence. Combine your bat with nails and swing away! Happy Looting my friend.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Best advice I can give you is as soon as you start out your life, loot a log on the ground or a burn barrel for a piece of firewood, and craft a club. when you come to a house, ease up to it and let 1 zombie aggro on you at a time. It may take a few times to get the sense of how far you should be but you'll eventually get used to it and ultimately gain more confidence. Combine your bat with nails and swing away! Happy Looting my friend.
Lucille

stasis

I have a custom server with zombies set to the lowest setting. I rarely see them outside, almost never. But every house has between 1-3 zeds typically. I’ve never been to a house that doesn’t have atleast one.

I’d like to see where it is a bit more random, it would be nice to have some houses empty of zed spawns. It gets tedious kiting zombies to check every little small house. I think especially on day 1-7 there could be fewer zeds.

Even with max item spawn rate, it took me 2-3 hours in real time to find a can opener.