• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Topic for zombie NPC model suggestions

Thread starter #1

Templar

Survivor
Backer
Hey everyone, so I figured there is no real topic for this yet (if there is, please forgive me :p) and I thought it would be a good idea to create it. Basically you can suggest a zombie character for the zombie models for the devs to implement, to keep the zombies looking diverse and unique.

For example:

''Hare krishna zombie''
''Biker zombie''
''Zombie with a blue baseball cap and yellow shirt and jeans''

You get the point :D

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I believe it was a kickstarter pledge level to have yourself zombified. And I've suggested the silly idea of having all zombies re-modeled to look like the President of the USA.
The problem will be keeping the 'entities' [models] trim enough so we can all have a great game experience.
Having said that, I do like the idea.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Moderator #10

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I personally feel that the zombies models should be at least fairly diverse, even if only changing basic things like shirt and pants colors, and things of that nature... nothing too dramatic, especially this early in development when core functionality is still being worked and tweaked as we go here.

However, I like "generic" zombies, just everyday people zombies... maybe a police officer here or there, maybe a construction worker, fisherman zombies would be appropriate, stuff like that is what brings immersion into the game for me.

Thread starter #11

Templar

Survivor
Backer
I personally feel that the zombies models should be at least fairly diverse, even if only changing basic things like shirt and pants colors, and things of that nature... nothing too dramatic, especially this early in development when core functionality is still being worked and tweaked as we go here.

However, I like "generic" zombies, just everyday people zombies... maybe a police officer here or there, maybe a construction worker, fisherman zombies would be appropriate, stuff like that is what brings immersion into the game for me.
A randomized set of clothes, hair color, hairstyle, facial features and zombie features like wounds, zombified skin color (purple, gray, pale, green), body type (thin, normal, fat, muscular, ectomorph), blood spreads on the skin and clothes, and jaws, eyes and other body parts being absent!

That would be a nice basic setup.

Last edited:

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Can we please take the clothes of of zombies we kill? If i see a zombie with a black or camo long sleeve and I can take it, I will run through a horde at midnight for it. And but yeah I think generic civilians would be fine with randomized clothing. As long as they dont all have the exact same face and hair, etc.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
And I thought my idea for re-modelling all the zombies to look like the President of the USA was stupid!
I have to agree with @Darkstar 影 about a Bill Murray zombie ... I'd like to see that!