• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Trains & Rail Vehicles

trains YES or NO?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

HYPE TRAIN!

Are You Ready
Backer
so trains in survive the nights would be cool and all but how would it work Well i have it.

So it would be diesel fueled , most parts, wheels , certain parts for connecting the cars , all would be found in the train yard but extras like the for the engine , light and gauges would be found in cities and instructions on how to put them on would be a somewhat common item in the train yard or model shop.

prt.2 op? well think of this some rails would be bent and take 2 people to replace and it runs on tracks to large cities and lots of zombies are in the cities so there's that also there's a chance it could go off the rails (beta function) also you would have to clean it regularly so it would be better on fuel and when the engine would attract zombies.

prt.3 so the rails? the rails would consist of switches which ether are rusted a certain way any you would have to find a new part for it, also the train can hold up to 2 box cars, and 1 fuel car.

so what do you think yes or no?

(P.S.-if they do add this I would at least like my name on a train , just HYPE plz thx)

EagleSquad1999

If its stupid and works then its not stupid
Backer
I think having trains would be Awesome!
As well if you could make them your home.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
I said this on the steam forums! I was thinking like you could build one of those two person hand carts.
Like this one.

SwagadorDali

MR BONES SAYS THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Backer
I'm thinking this is another suggestion that is highly dependent on what the map is actually going to look like. It's already been said that the map is going to consist of numerous islands. I'm not sure that it would look right, or even make sense to have railroads bridging between all those islands.

Now, if the islands are all pretty large individually, I'd be more receptive to the idea.

Batroel

Backer
As reach goal in kickstarter they said that they will expand the alpha island so I guess that it will be much bigger than the other islands

SwagadorDali

Backer
Yup. I'm still trying to decide what they mean by that though. When they say Alpha Island, I'm imagining a test map for the alpha/beta versions, and perhaps there will be a new map for release? I'm sure I can find that info somewhere, but I've yet to look.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
not a bad idea, but what happens when trolls come along and place a train on the tracks between two cities? You wont be able to get past. They could then hold you up and rob you of all your batteries and rat burgers!

On the up side, i think the idea of a fortifiable train car is awesome. Sniper nest on top for when s**t gets real at night and you are out of fuel..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I don't think trains are really used on islands, but trams if there is ever a city or large population centers

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I like the idea about it but all i can see is people building on tracks that stop it or damge you as you ride making it not worth it just a bandit spot galore but i do like the idea of train robbing on horseback

SwagadorDali

Backer
If they add trains and the locomotive is not an F40PH I will go on a Rampage style killing spree in every alpha/beta server. I don't even care if some of us become friends by then.

Give us F40PH or give us DEATH.