• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Trap Construction/Inventory Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
OK, now I may be wrong when stating this, but it looked like in the trailer that a bunch of YouTubers have been doing commentating on, when the survivor laid down a trap that resembled a mounted shotgun to blast an incoming zombie, it seemed that he was able to set it up almost instantly as if he was carrying it.

I have a really large problem with this, as in reality, survivors would most likely be carrying such bulky, awkwardly shaped traps assembled, and then assemble them when needed. The whole idea of a trap is not something to set a split second before you need them, but to be set for anything that might come in the future.

So, I propose that non-stationary traps like the mounted shotgun should take assembly time and correct tools. For example, the mounted shotgun. You should have to placed down the mount, or quickly construct one from the materials at hand, secure the shotgun, and tie it down. Not just be able to drag and drop it from what would then be a backpack larger then an average person.

Now though inventory space does not go in this category, I don't want to spam 2 threads in quick succession so I thought I might throw this in. Please be stingy with inventory. If players are able to carry around their house in an unrealistic amount age of storage space, the whole concept of basing or traveling light would be floored.

Rgds, Blender

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I see where you are concerned, but at this point in development we can say that anything is for sure. The video was just to show off some off the features of the game. I would rather have them show me a feature and watch it improve then not have shown it at all. Things are set to change in the game this isn't even to official alpha yet, maybe this is something they plan on implementing. I am just saying you shouldn't get to worried about it yet.

Moderator #4

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
Depending on the size of said trap it will determine whether it can be stored within your backpack, or if you have to carry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.