• Hello Guest,

Bug reports can be made using our in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Traps for Animals

Thread starter #1

Sebouzer948

Backer
There's all kind of traps you can setup to catch animals. Wood and stone could be used for a lot of these traps. Hope there will be all kind of animals to hunt too.Also, do you need to sleep sometimes? Overall this game looks like the best survival game ever made....Just cant wait

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
There is traps for small animals. You can see one in the trailer, after he is done preparing for the night, just before the zombie attack.

When you log out, your char is gone. No "sleepers". As for the actual need to sleep, no, that is not needed in the game as of now. However that might be subject to change.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I believe there will be snares in the game. Could you craft more complex traps from stone and wood? Sounds interesting.
Perhaps a shotgun or crossbow trap might kill a deer or larger animal?

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I believe there will be snares in the game. Could you craft more complex traps from stone and wood? Sounds interesting.
Perhaps a shotgun or crossbow trap might kill a deer or larger animal?
Im sure they could, but when youre in a massive open forest, whatre the chances of a deer coming to that specific spot from that specific angle?

Henk

Backer
Im sure they could, but when youre in a massive open forest, whatre the chances of a deer coming to that specific spot from that specific angle?
Just like in real life, the wild often travel through the forest in certain paths "wild paths"
You can see them in the woods if you know what you are looking for, usually next to lakes, ponds etc.
cool idea

Thread starter #6

Sebouzer948

Backer
What about harvesting meat ? Is it gonna be a complex operation? Or you just stand next to your dead animal while you inventory fills up? Btw thx for all your replies guys !!

Henk

Backer
What about harvesting meat ? Is it gonna be a complex operation? Or you just stand next to your dead animal while you inventory fills up? Btw thx for all your replies guys !!
Good question. Maybe there can be a "harvest animal skill" Better skill = more meat, and faster harvest.
Also, got to have clean tools or cook it right away so the meat doesn't get contaminated.

Thread starter #8

Sebouzer948

Backer
I was thinking of a motion; -Select which piece of the animal you want to cut
- Then you see the actual knife cut the meat part(blood,ect...)

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
Tbh I don't wanna play a little complicated minigame each time I wanna do a simple chore.