• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Trip Flare - Warning System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
A basic warning system.

Could be used to alert you of wildlife/zombies/players entering a specific area(near your base/hunting ground etc).

Added benefit of brief lighting of the area it is placed. Flare gun could be reloaded if not taken by another player.

Crafted Trip Flare -
  1. Rope/String/Wire for trip wire
  2. Loaded Flare Gun (Found item?)
  3. Shaped stick to hold flare gun - Carved or crafted using stick and string. (Pics not great, but I have used a slingshot shaped stick - Y ).

Trip-Flare.gif

Negatives -
  1. If spotted could be disabled and removed
  2. Could be set off by bandits on purpose, to lure you back to where it was set (Ambush).
  3. May be wasted if wildlife walks through it
  4. Difficult to differentiate between yours and others flares.
Please feel free to give constructive criticism or expand/improve this idea.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
Maybe have different colored flares? so you can tell which ones are yours a little bit easier

Steven1230

Survivalist
Backer
that is a good idea and simple at that. Would be cool if we could make our own flairs thou since im sure flars will not be all over the world.

Thread starter #5

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
that is a good idea and simple at that. Would be cool if we could make our own flairs thou since im sure flars will not be all over the world.
I agree, I reckon they would spawn mostly along the coast, on/near boats or homes nearer to the water. It'd make sense aswell for there to be a few inland in homes or a store

Last edited:

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
This is a great idea I had posted a similar idea awhile ago since I wasn't able to see the suggestions on the backer section. It was a signal flare mixed with a trip wire system and a pole or stand. It also had bag of blood & gore set to burst when the flare went off, it would act as a stalling mechinism since I think zombies would react to the sudden smell of a large amount of blood and meat. It would also paint a player caught in the trap/alarm and cause zombies to aggro towards them. I got the idea from verticle limit.

I think the suggestion I made would work really well as a modification for your trap. I also recently thought of a modificaton for well a modification lol, the bag filled with blood & gore would be filled specifically with zombie blood & gore. This would add the extra potienal to infect players caught in the trap/alarm at the expense of not aggroing zombies towards the player, what do you think.

Last edited:
Thread starter #7

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
This is a great idea I had posted a similar idea awhile ago since I wasn't able to see the suggestions on the backer section. It was a signal flare mixed with a trip wire system and a pole or stand. It also had bag of blood & gore set to burst when the flare went off, it would act as a stalling mechinism since I think zombies would react to the sudden smell of a large amount of blood and meat. It would also paint a player caught in the trap/alarm and cause zombies to aggro towards them. I got the idea from verticle limit.

I think the suggestion I made would work really well as a modification for you trap. I also recently thought of a modificaton for well a modification lol, the bag filled with blood & gore would be filled specifically with zombie blood & gore. This would add the extra potienal to infect players caught in the trap/alarm at the expense of not aggroing zombies towards the player, what do you think.
Sounds like a nice addition :)

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
That's awesome can't wait to see the trap in game(and maybe bags of blood to add to them......Bill Paxton used them)

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
Could be used to alert you of wildlife/zombies/players entering a specific area(near your base/hunting ground etc).

Added benefit of brief lighting of the area it is placed. Flare gun could be reloaded if not taken by another player.

Crafted Trip Flare -
  1. Rope/String/Wire for trip wire
  2. Loaded Flare Gun (Found item?)
  3. Shaped stick to hold flare gun - Carved or crafted using stick and string. (Pics not great, but I have used a slingshot shaped stick - Y ).

View attachment 486

Negatives -
  1. I
i like the idea but would suggest that if implemented to make the flare aimed to allow to make it more visible or to make it a deadly trap because sometimes you just want to send a message

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Status
Not open for further replies.