• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Types of Buildings and they're loot and advantages

Thread starter #1
As I'm pretty sure their is several buildings in mind, so I may end up throwing out a few similar ones but a few new ones while I'm at it so bare with me. Also the descriptions are only to describe size category's, security, and other random info. I apologize in advance for for not apply specific building measurements/blue prints. Add suggestions as you see fit.

"Outdoor Sporting Goods"

Now when I say sporting goods in the outdoor sense I'm not referring to basketball or base ball or anything like that, I'm referring to arms, gun and bows, camping supplies, many things in which a survivor would need to last even a single night. As someone once said, "It's time to nut up or shut up".

Description: Small to Medium sized structures, window gates by default, security alarms (only active with power).

Loot:
1. Rifles
2. Shotguns
3. Muzzle Loaders?
4. Bows
5. Crossbows (cuz who doesn't wanna be Daryl Dixon XD )
6. Revolvers and other pistol types.
7. Tents
8. Camo clothing (standard clothing to coats and head wear)
9. flash lights
10. Spot lights
11. Different types of boots (water proof, steel toe, mountain climbing, combinations, etc)
12. Parts for weapons (scopes, muzzles, clip types)
13. Knifes (case, bowie, skinning, kukri)
14. belt bandoliers
15. sleeping bag
16. lanterns
17. calls?
18. fishing gear (scroll to bait shop for an idea)
19. Ammunition
20, Backpacks
"School"

Remember the old days back then, almost makes you happy that zombies are your main problem now. This building could be a good place to search, with alot of paper for kindling, possible food storage in cafetiere , not to mention what helpful stuff that could be in the carpentry and welding class rooms. Only problem would be getting along with the other students, they're a little bit dead and very bitey. "Recess is over, time to work"

Description: Small, Medium and Large variants, many entrances and windows, class bell may need to be disabled before returning power (may attract alot of unwanted attention or perfect distraction or a setup for a trap), infested

Loot:
1. Paper (for kindle or leave note for other players)
2. Books (maybe to help increase certain skills or just for kindling)
3. Food and Drinks (juice and milk boxes, soda pop, various cafeteria food in freezer)
4. desks (maybe to pile up behind a door or to break apart for scrap materials)
5. Different tools from carpentry and welding classes as well as wood and metal
6. Backpacks
7. Lunch boxes
8. Sporting gear (baseballs, bats, football helmets and armor etc)
9. possible switch blade or pistol
10. Minor medical supply in school nurse room

"Fire Department"

As if they're wasn't enough red in the world. Happily though a place like this might make you feel a bit more safe , specially if you get your hands on one of those fire axe's . That firefighter gear might be able to take a few hits to, kind of a bad thing though if you happened to run up upon an undead firefighter (possible immune to flames?).

Description: Small, few entrances, large entrances for vehicles

Loot:
1. Fire axe
2. medical supplies
3. Fire fighter gear/suit (good defense, resistant to fire?)
4. Local city Map
5. Tools
6. Certain vehicle parts
7. fire extinguisher (melee weapon, spray to put out flames, possible stun to zombies?)
8. Water supply

"Gas Station"

With gas prices at a new time low how can you resist, just don't visit the bathroom. Anyways, trips to these may be common, gas for your vehicle or generators are in good supply, and some other good loot can be found around. Also may end up as a good place to meet up with fellow survivors for trade and safety.

Description: small, very few entrances, large windows, gas supply

Loot:
1. Gas (incase I haven't said it enough XD )
2. lighters
3. Gas jugs/cans
4. food and drink
5. maps
6. energy drinks?
7. flash lights
8. hats/caps
9. batteries
10. certain tools

"Food Market"

Starving? Have trouble finding food? Look no farther, the market has all the nourishment you could ask for, and even better, no lines! But be careful of the other shoppers, you aren't the only one looking for something fresh to sink your teeth in.

Description: small, medium, and large variants, few entrances, lots of food, infested

1. Bottled water
2. canned foods
3. rice
4. cereal
5. salt and seasonings (maybe to add to food for morale boost?)
6. frozen meats (mainly in back in freezer storage if it managed to keep cold without power)
7. chips (american)
8. energy drinks, bars?
9. pickled foods
10. soda pop

"Police Station"

Law its self is fragmented and all is left is ones morale value to determine the right from wrong.. and guns.. can't forget guns. With most of these fortified , you can be sure to find something to arm yourself with, may even be a good place to barricade, but if the cops couldn't then what are your odds?

Description: medium, few entrances, fortified

loot:
1. shotguns
2. pistols
3. vests
4. ammo
5. night sticks
6. tasers
7. wire strips
8. megaphone ( maybe to drawl attention, used in combination with something?)

"Bait shop"

It's nice just to sit back and fish, but first your gonna have to get your bait and tackle some where. Alot of which can be found in other places in the world, but your best bet is the bait shop. But if fishing isn't your fancy then maybe some fishing line for that trap you been working on, also nothing says death like a harpoon to the face.

Description: small, few entrances, closer to lakes and rivers (possibly ocean?)

loot:
1. fishing pole
2. fishing line
3. hooks
4. lures
6. minnow trap
7. harpoon? (near ocean shops?)
8. nets
9. tackle box? (to save storage space)
10. bucket /bait bucket (store worms and other live bait)(jars and cans serve same purpose)

"Auto garage"

Vehicle making a funny noise, must be from all the zombies you hit! No matter, the garage has all the stuff you need to make it work like new. Hopefully you took auto class, because it looks like the mechanics are on a lunch break.

Description: Small, few entrances, large vehicle entrances

loot:
1. tires
2. vehicle battery
3. engine parts
4. oil?
5. vehicle glass?
6. Jack
7. Tools
8. headlights/tail lights?
9. cosmetic items for your dash?
10. vehicle plates (customization for fun?)

"Hospital"

Seems like they've had they're hands fun, at least everyone one was up and walking in no time.. Very good place to collect medical supplies, you'll need it, that or to help a friend or stranger in need.

Description: medium to large, several entrances. infested

loot:
1. blood bags
2. bandages
3. morphine
4. antibiotics
5. defibrillator (to revive player and or to be used as a weapon, needs batteries)
6. needles (for stitching)
7. syringes
8.splints
9. pain pills
10. cough syrup

"construction sight"

Okay, I know its not a building yet, but the stuff thats been left behind could be put to good use. Waste not what not.

Description: Unfinished structure of different variants, in the open

loot:
1. tools
2. wood
3. metal
4. hard hat
5. sledge hammer
6. shovel
7. jackhammer?
8. nails

"Mega Mall"

Possible one of the biggest, if not biggest, stock pile of supplies you could ever ask for. No need to be greedy, theirs more enough to go around, besides your gonna need the help, being that the mall is highly infested and that it would almost be suicidal to go alone. But smart mines and nerves of steel you will prevail as true survivors. Just don't get caught with the lights out..

Description: Very large, many entrances, highly infested

loot:
All types

No gas though.

Well this is all I could come up with for now, I've been sitting here typing for hours. Hopefully some of what I said sounds good, and I hope to hear ppl add some more if not better ideas.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Description: Small, Medium and Large variants, many entrances and windows, class bell may need to be disabled before returning power (may attract alot of unwanted attention or perfect distraction or a setup for a trap), infested
Love that!

Sentinalh

Backer
Great suggestions and I hope to see these types of buildings, if not all on the initial island, then later down the line on future islands. I have a few suggestions for buildings as well.

Church
A church could be as simple as a small chapel or as grand as a cathedral or anywhere in between. It would offer plentiful supplies of barricading materials due to all the wooden benches and lots of paper for kindling with all the hymn books. However, churches tend to have tons of windows which may make them difficult to fortify.

Hardware Store
As Weird Al said, I'm going to the hardware store. We have to have one of these. With the emphasis this game is placing on fortification, machine repair and DIY tech, a hardware store would be the perfect place to get kitted out. Offering plentiful supplies of wood and other raw materials, perfect source for hose clamps, as well as basic tools to get you started.

City Hall / Clocktower
I really just want to see a large clock tower somewhere in the game that you can climb up into. It would make a great sniping position. It could be included as part of City Hall like it is in DayZ. In that case the City Hall would probably be a pretty strong fortification location if not for the plethora of windows it might have.

Bank
While money isn't of much value in the apocalypse except as kindling the bank would be a highly defensible building with the vault offering an incredibly secure place to store your belongings. As a tradeoff the multitude of windows may make it difficult to defend.

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
All of this is great! I like you, you add humor into your posts and you take time on em. I really hope the Dev's look into adding all this, would be amazing!

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
Great suggestions and I hope to see these types of buildings, if not all on the initial island, then later down the line on future islands. I have a few suggestions for buildings as well.

Church
A church could be as simple as a small chapel or as grand as a cathedral or anywhere in between. It would offer plentiful supplies of barricading materials due to all the wooden benches and lots of paper for kindling with all the hymn books. However, churches tend to have tons of windows which may make them difficult to fortify.

Hardware Store
As Weird Al said, I'm going to the hardware store. We have to have one of these. With the emphasis this game is placing on fortification, machine repair and DIY tech, a hardware store would be the perfect place to get kitted out. Offering plentiful supplies of wood and other raw materials, perfect source for hose clamps, as well as basic tools to get you started.

City Hall / Clocktower
I really just want to see a large clock tower somewhere in the game that you can climb up into. It would make a great sniping position. It could be included as part of City Hall like it is in DayZ. In that case the City Hall would probably be a pretty strong fortification location if not for the plethora of windows it might have.

Bank
While money isn't of much value in the apocalypse except as kindling the bank would be a highly defensible building with the vault offering an incredibly secure place to store your belongings. As a tradeoff the multitude of windows may make it difficult to defend.
I like the ideas

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
I don't think they would put kid zombies into the game. As they would get bashed by reviewers on it.

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
I don't think they would put kid zombies into the game. As they would get bashed by reviewers on it.
They already had a kid zombie Unity store asset. It's the one in the building with two zombies, where the guy puts down a shotgun trap and then blasts the kid zombie in the face.