• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

UI Overhaul

Change the UI?

• Yes (Make a New UI)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Yes (Improve Current UI)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Lamar™

Headcrab
Backer
To cut it short i think the UI should be overhauled for the full release. Take a look at pubg as an example. I didn't think they needed a new UI, no one asked for it but they delivered it and it turned the game from looking Indie to Professional.

I believe earlier on in the 21st centre the UI would be fine but with gaming these days a clean UI that cuts out all the bullshit and is just easy to read and to navigate is all you need. Its a nice concept it being a book but maybe clean it up a little and use a more simplistic font.

Another great example would be the PitBoy from fallout 4.

The pitboy itself has a large amount of detail but the UI itself is simplistic, easy to read and navigate and just cuts out all the bullshit.

Why not have the character physically pull out a notebook that we look down at or have him take off his backpack and look into it and for a UI to appear. Hell, you could have the inventory be an old fashion PDA.

Here is my example, i would have done the tabs on the right side too but half way through making it i used a little medicinal herb so i was a little too gone to do it xD

Look forward to hearing the rest of the communities ideas!
- Lamar

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
I don't think the whole thing needs scrapped, but making the tabs a little more clear on the inventory would help. And adding a compass at the top would be soooo nice.

I like how the stats are currently displayed, and everything is for the most part, easy to navigate. I do wish all your shit would be organized somehow in the "All items" tab since looking at that makes my head hurt haha.

[BDG] Triikor

Backer
UI needs a lot of work. Doesn't need to be scrapped just better to look at. Guess that's what they get for going for text based inventory though.

Item's with **/100 is damn stupid. Just have the item name then the amount you have, for example cardboard. It displays just as cardboard with the amount you have on the right. Why isn't every item like this.

Antares

it whould be helpful, if the items will get some small icons.
i think more learning by doing and not learning by reading.
the lbs for every item should be listed easier :)

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer

from the recent devblog looks like UI is getting a ton of attention right now