• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Unlisted Pre-Alpha Release Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
I was able to eat food, loot things flawlessly, heal wounds, and fill a water bottle. However I cannot find any way to boil water, nor can I equip any tools/melee weapons. So no defense, no wood for me, and no fire. I guess just survive on ready-to-eat foods until dehydration/sickness from dirty water kills you haha.

Or until you try to fight a zombie in the pitch black with nothing but fists:D that did me in pretty quickly!

Long time fan of (watching) this game (develop and unfold), and long time lurker of the forums (forgot to get around to the Backer badge thing, but no biggie). Spent hours playing tonight - met OhDemGames! #lifechanging - and had a blast. Zombies killed me in nanoseconds, I shared cupcakes with another player, got stuck inside the floor and laughed so hard in real life I started choking, and for a brief moment held the records in zombies killed and distance traveled. 13/10... so far it's everything I wanted. Excited to be a part of this from the get-go!

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Congrats to a2z on you launch.
Spent some time playing, love the feel of player controls. Very smooth, honestly some of the best i have experienced.
Played on ultra, game freezing rarely, not sure how i will go in a town, never got to one.
I know lot of people are complaining the game is empty, but they are forgetting little details, such as awesome nature sounds, footsteps etc. most EA games leave out sounds for first few months. The world isnt barren, and how many games allow you exit through windows, nice touch @a2z(Interactive);
Doors are opening flawlessly. Although i can see issues arising when zombies are on your tail.
My biggest suggestion, give players an axe at the start of the game.

*Edit- made it to a reasonably small town, no lag. However zombies really stop us from exploring and/or testing the game

Last edited:

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Literally so much fun from a barebones game that has seemingly endless potential...just amazing. Think I'm going to get a good sleep and hope some stuff gets ironed out in the meantime.

Coffee and Monster for you devs! Best of luck stabilizing those servers. And well done!

Btw...^^^ this post above. Give me an axe at the start and I could rule the world haha.

evildad

Backer
Congratulations on the first published game! Find it from the point of view of the player has worked quite well. I expected worse.
JB_ & Team. You did it well. Man comes into the game and has enough time to search for bugs. All so well! I hope you also take the time to relax and do not go through until the holidays.
Even though there are some idiots who expect a perfect game and try to do you bad, I think you did well. And everyone who has been at a pre alpha start ever should think so too. Keep up the good work and do not get lost!
Rest and then it can go on :)

Congratulations on the first published game! Find it from the point of view of the player has worked quite well. I expected worse.
JB_ & Team. You did it well. Man comes into the game and has enough time to search for bugs. All so well! I hope you also take the time to relax and do not go through until the holidays.
Even though there are some idiots who expect a perfect game and try to do you bad, I think you did well. And everyone who has been at a pre alpha start ever should think so too. Keep up the good work and do not get lost!
Rest and then it can go on :)
I watched at least 6 hours of gameplay. Sick of hearing from fanboys the game has been in development for almost 4 years idc if it is only 5 people 7d2d only had 5 people damn subsistence only has 1 person and it has way more content.. The sounds are horrible sounds like you have a frog in your pocket when hungry , Zombies look like A$$ and don't see you if you crouch , Looting is horrible , rubberbanding is horrible on and on the game is unplayable right now.. The only thing here is a decent looking landscape

I watched at least 6 hours of gameplay. Sick of hearing from fanboys the game has been in development for almost 4 years idc if it is only 5 people 7d2d only had 5 people damn subsistence only has 1 person and it has way more content.. The sounds are horrible sounds like you have a frog in your pocket when hungry , Zombies look like A$$ and don't see you if you crouch , Looting is horrible , rubberbanding is horrible on and on the game is unplayable right now.. The only thing here is a decent looking landscape
you seriously considering "zombies dont see you if you crouch" as the game component? cant you f**ing understand what unlisted pre-alpha means? thats nice that you can find bugs but it would be better that you report them to devs and not like this, complaining about a game which is not ready yet and stating dumb reasons, which all will be easyly fixed soon... and that the landscape looks decent, it means, no more time will be spent on it to improve, so they can fix the bugs. and that my inglish is more like italian it wil be also fixed. just patience kids...

you seriously considering "zombies dont see you if you crouch" as the game component? cant you f**ing understand what unlisted pre-alpha means? thats nice that you can find bugs but it would be better that you report them to devs and not like this, complaining about a game which is not ready yet and stating dumb reasons, which all will be easyly fixed soon... and that the landscape looks decent, it means, no more time will be spent on it to improve, so they can fix the bugs. and that my inglish is more like italian it wil be also fixed. just patience kids...
That's my point NOT READY YET after almost 4 years this is what you have ? really it is a joke , The game was better when Frankie played it 3 1/2 years ago , If this is what they have after 4 years then it will need another 8 to finish

being honest here, can't be bothered to read through the posts to see if this has been mentioned. but, how do i fill up a water bottle? are other people struggling to find loot or is it just me? finally found a big building and searched all the lockers etc but nothing. also is swimming possible? i drown when i try to cross water.

loving the graphics though, quick answer to people asking if they can run it. if you can run miscreated, you can run stn, better.

TBH I am pissed more than anything I really want this game to be what we all thought it was going to be I waited 3 1/2 since I saw it played I thought it was going to be the best game ever.

I hope I am wrong and it turns out what we all thought it would be and I will be the first to say I was wrong BUT I just don't have faith anymore after all the run around for 3 years then to release this it makes me sad.

Steel

Backer
To the fanboys: "unlisted pre-alpha" is not a valid excuse for the poor release. I have been in computer programming and video game development for three years of my life, and this was not efficiently produced. I'm not saying the devs haven't worked their butts off, but for you to claim pre-alpha as the excuse for it being the way it is, just shows you don't have faith in them yourselves. Any product I have supported I am willing to go 100% behind, but I expect nothing but the best. And yes, I have seen some of the best come about with being on the first release team of Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield Play4Free, and Black Desert Online as some examples. I am not saying these guys don't have what it takes, but for four years this was a forced release, and the game was filled with promises that came about from either two ways: unexpected problems that discontinue those promises, or promises with the hopes that more backers will come. Either way, the tactics have always been proven unsuccessful. I do hope this game does well and I'll keep my eye on it, but hopefully someone takes this as constructive criticism and not me "trolling"

You know substinence might be an ok game but overall it is no where near as good as this one. Sub is lacking in detail. They started the game with you loot the ground........I had that game from the beginning it did not launch without issues either and it was NOT MP at the start as this one is.

7d2d is another one that was SP at start and had little to nothing in the beginning. I have had that one from the start as well.

So take your trolling hate comments elsewhere because the community here does NOT need your BS. These guys are doing an amazing job and have been working on this game from scratch and LEARNING as they go. This is not a group of career game makers this is fellow gamers that decided we need a great game and so they are making one.

Guys lets make the troll feel ultra welcome huh........

To the fanboys: "unlisted pre-alpha" is not a valid excuse for the poor release. I have been in computer programming and video game development for three years of my life, and this was not efficiently produced. I'm not saying the devs haven't worked their butts off, but for you to claim pre-alpha as the excuse for it being the way it is, just shows you don't have faith in them yourselves. Any product I have supported I am willing to go 100% behind, but I expect nothing but the best. And yes, I have seen some of the best come about with being on the first release team of Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield Play4Free, and Black Desert Online as some examples. I am not saying these guys don't have what it takes, but for four years this was a forced release, and the game was filled with promises that came about from either two ways: unexpected problems that discontinue those promises, or promises with the hopes that more backers will come. Either way, the tactics have always been proven unsuccessful. I do hope this game does well and I'll keep my eye on it, but hopefully someone takes this as constructive criticism and not me "trolling"

I read the first line in your wall of text and I want to know and sure the community would like to know. What games have you released? How long did they take to finish? How much money and manpower did you have to through at it?

You like to hate and that is fine you can do that but there is NO REASON you have to hate on a game that had more people at start then there should have been because STEAM messed up. STN was not suppose to be on the Top Sellers list. How many you think bought it blindly because it was there? That is a big reason for some things. No game can handle so many connecting at once this early in the game. I dont need to be a developer as I have an ounce of COMMON SENSE.

Riggs95

Backer
The game has issues, as does every game on initial release, but the potential is there and the foundation has been placed for this game to become great. Congrats JB_ and the team for releasing this, hopefully you don't take the hate to heart, but do take it into account, using it to improve the aspects that people don't like

TBH I am pissed more than anything I really want this game to be what we all thought it was going to be I waited 3 1/2 since I saw it played I thought it was going to be the best game ever.

I hope I am wrong and it turns out what we all thought it would be and I will be the first to say I was wrong BUT I just don't have faith anymore after all the run around for 3 years then to release this it makes me sad.

How many years was GTA 5 worked on before it was released? How many Millions of Dollars was at their disposal? How many people did RockStar throw at the developement? AAA games are not built in 3 yrs so why is it people think small teams of 5 would be able to do that as well. Does anyone think about the fact that there is no real income for the game to pay anyone? So that means they have to have a paycheck from somewhere. They have families and lives they dont code 24/7. If you can not handle dealing with bumps in the road then just get OFF the DARN road. No one will miss you.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
To the fanboys: "unlisted pre-alpha" is not a valid excuse for the poor release. I have been in computer programming and video game development for three years of my life, and this was not efficiently produced.
Appeal to authority.

I'm not saying the devs haven't worked their butts off, but for you to claim pre-alpha as the excuse for it being the way it is, just shows you don't have faith in them yourselves.
Appeal to emotion

Any product I have supported I am willing to go 100% behind, but I expect nothing but the best. And yes, I have seen some of the best come about with being on the first release team of Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield Play4Free, and Black Desert Online as some examples.
False equivalence

I am not saying these guys don't have what it takes, but for four years this was a forced release, and the game was filled with promises that came about from either two ways: unexpected problems that discontinue those promises, or promises with the hopes that more backers will come. Either way, the tactics have always been proven unsuccessful. I do hope this game does well and I'll keep my eye on it, but hopefully someone takes this as constructive criticism and not me "trolling"
False cause.

I'm not saying your criticisms aren't valid, by the way, I'm just pointing out that your criticism lacks substance.

You know substinence might be an ok game but overall it is no where near as good as this one. Sub is lacking in detail. They started the game with you loot the ground........I had that game from the beginning it did not launch without issues either and it was NOT MP at the start as this one is.

7d2d is another one that was SP at start and had little to nothing in the beginning. I have had that one from the start as well.

So take your trolling hate comments elsewhere because the community here does NOT need your BS. These guys are doing an amazing job and have been working on this game from scratch and LEARNING as they go. This is not a group of career game makers this is fellow gamers that decided we need a great game and so they are making one.

Guys lets make the troll feel ultra welcome huh........
You can make me as unwelcome as you want I don't have a care in the world what you or anyone else on the internet thinks about me lmao.

It really don't matter what you fanboy backers think the devs already have your money but they don't have mine and many many others that see what is really going on , Here is one for you I watched about 20 people stream this and %95 of each chat are flaming all over this , You know the people that are on the fence of buying it so if they don't fix it fast it will go the way of 7d2d on console and it will be too late to turn peoples opinions around.

Status
Not open for further replies.