• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Unlisted Pre-Alpha Release Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can not handle dealing with bumps in the road then just get OFF the DARN road. No one will miss you.
That is were you are wrong they will miss me and many more like me that won't buy the game if it isn't fixed fast and then you know what happens if no one else buys it right ? It dies

warpig12234

Backer
To the fanboys: "unlisted pre-alpha" is not a valid excuse for the poor release. I have been in computer programming and video game development for three years of my life, and this was not efficiently produced. I'm not saying the devs haven't worked their butts off, but for you to claim pre-alpha as the excuse for it being the way it is, just shows you don't have faith in them yourselves. Any product I have supported I am willing to go 100% behind, but I expect nothing but the best. And yes, I have seen some of the best come about with being on the first release team of Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield Play4Free, and Black Desert Online as some examples. I am not saying these guys don't have what it takes, but for four years this was a forced release, and the game was filled with promises that came about from either two ways: unexpected problems that discontinue those promises, or promises with the hopes that more backers will come. Either way, the tactics have always been proven unsuccessful. I do hope this game does well and I'll keep my eye on it, but hopefully someone takes this as constructive criticism and not me "trolling"
I don't think you should be comparing a team of like 5 people to AAA titles, although you do have a point of it this game not having the smoothest release but I think people should realise that backing a game which is this teams first should be expecting it to be rough. By all means you do have a vailid point and I 100% agree, also the game has been remade from scratch so of course a lot of features won't be in on pre alpha release.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
You can make me as unwelcome as you want I don't have a care in the world what you or anyone else on the internet thinks about me lmao.

It really don't matter what you fanboy backers think the devs already have your money but they don't have mine and many many others that see what is really going on , Here is one for you I watched about 20 people stream this and %95 of each chat are flaming all over this , You know the people that are on the fence of buying it so if they don't fix it fast it will go the way of 7d2d on console and it will be too late to turn peoples opinions around.

Questionable motives, but to each their own.

Questionable motives, but to each their own.
I just told you I was in love with the game when I seen it almost 4 years ago played by Frankie , I want it to be everything we thought it would be and I am upset at what I have seen BUT I will be the first to admit I was wrong if they fix it. I want this game and the devs to win game of forever

evildad

Backer
I respect everyone's opinion ...
But when you compare a game with three to four people compared to games like Rainbow Six and Battlefield, you do not seem to have as much arnung as you think.
This is like who you are trying to compare a tricycle to a tank. I've seen dozens of pre-alpha releases and not a single one went well. Not to mention it was in everything inside what should be inside. Especially times of 4 to 6 years are not uncommon. And these are teams of 20 people and more.
Oh and what you saw in the first videos was a concept. I really have the feeling that you do not read the messages from the STN team at all or do not want to read. If you had really pursued everything you knew what was done and what was not. There is a rider on the top right. If you click on it you can read what was installed. Sorry but such comments really upset me a lot. If you do not want disappointment, just buy the games when they are ready.
Then you have no disappointments!

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
I just told you I was in love with the game when I seen it almost 4 years ago played by Frankie , I want it to be everything we thought it would be and I am upset at what I have seen BUT I will be the first to admit I was wrong if they fix it. I want this game and the devs to win game of forever
I get you.

I think it's the strong emotions people have for this project that cause so much of the conflict. People cannot be dispassionate about the game for some reason. I personally don't love this game, because I've played maybe 45 minutes of it so far, I will reserve judgement on how I feel about it until I have enough experience with it. The idea that anyone has had any reasonable amount of time and experience to be so emotionally invested in the discussion blows me away personally.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
I respect everyone's opinion ...
But when you compare a game with three to four people compared to games like Rainbow Six and Battlefield, you do not seem to have as much arnung as you think.
This is like who you are trying to compare a tricycle to a tank. I've seen dozens of pre-alpha releases and not a single one went well. Not to mention it was in everything inside what should be inside. Especially times of 4 to 6 years are not uncommon. And these are teams of 20 people and more.
Oh and what you saw in the first videos was a concept. I really have the feeling that you do not read the messages from the STN team at all or do not want to read. If you had really pursued everything you knew what was done and what was not. There is a rider on the top right. If you click on it you can read what was installed. Sorry but such comments really upset me a lot. If you do not want disappointment, just buy the games when they are ready.
Then you have no disappointments!
I just think you really have to appreciate the mental tenacity it takes, to ignore the sheer insanity that is PC gaming. Ignore all of it's failed launches, and frame the debate as if this one game is some kind of outlier in a sea of flawless releases and products.

Just to use a few from an article on PCgamer to articulate my point, since drawing up comparisons to other games is so popular today.

Dead Island:
Developers no doubt have a lot on their minds on launch day, and that's never been more evident than when Dead Island was released. Specifically, Techland released the wrong version of Dead Island. Rather than the finished game, a dev build went public: a buggy and unoptimized port with access to scores of cheats that allowed players to walk through walls and become invulnerable.

On top of that, Techland was forced to fix several dozens other issues on day one, including problems with quests, saved games, and graphical glitches.

Sim City:

Longtime fans of the Maxis city management series were unhappy with the revelation that you couldn't play 2013's SimCity offline, even if you were playing it alone. This was especially irksome considering the game's multiplayer mode didn't actually involve playing with other people directly.

Of course, this was rendered moot on launch day because the game simply wasn't playable. It didn't work the day after launch day, either, or even well into its first week. Only after EA disabled a number of features were people actually able to regularly connect and play, at which point they got more bad news: city size was strictly limited and the citizen AI wasn't nearly as complex as promised.

The hits continued: after claiming an offline mode was impossible, EA sheepishly added it a few months later. None of these disasters prevented the game from selling over two million copies, however.

No Mans Sky:
It would have been impossible for No Man's Sky to live up to its pre-launch hype, but even going into it with lowered expectations, many fans were disappointed with the space exploration game's serious launch issues. FPS drops, stuttering, screen-tearing, crashing on startup or when using the galaxy map (meaning players were stuck in a single solar system), the and inability to alt-tab in and out of the game without restarting were among the game's early problems, even after a two-month delay and a big Day 1 patch.

Perhaps most disappointing was that two players on the PS4 version tried to meet and nothing apparent happened, which ran counter to what we'd been told before the game launched and which still hasn't been satisfactorily explained by the developers. The outcry from the community led to months of complete silence from Hello Games, though eventually more patches arrived and several feature-heavy hefty updates were added.

World of Warcraft:

In 2004, with 500 employees and 40 servers, Blizzard prepared for a nice, smooth launch of their fantasy MMO World of Warcraft. Slight problem: they somehow completely misjudged the teeming hordes of excited gamers dying to play. The servers couldn't even come close to handling them.

Players were forced to join queues of thousands of people waiting to get in, and once online were often dumped out and forced to the rear of another lengthy queue. Even doubling the amount of servers didn't do much to help, and the situation grew so dire Blizzard had to stop shipping boxed copies to stores for fear of more people buying them and further swamping the servers.

Overwhelming popularity is clearly, as they say, one of those "good problems," and since its launch WoW has gone on to gross over two hundred dollars. (Plus 10 billion more.) They're still not immune to launch day woes, however: the Warlords of Draenor expansion, released in 2014, treated players to long access queues and server timeouts.
The list goes on and on.

Full Article : http://www.pcgamer.com/the-worst-pc-game-launches/

Antwan

Backer
I just played about fifteen minutes.
I just want to say congratulations guys!
Do not be too modest I expected less well and do not listen to detractors (minority). Think of all the people who will be happy to play a real survival game.
So much potential for this game ... Already full of small details well thought out.
We will help you finish it with great pleasure :)
Good continuations to you!

evildad

Backer
I just think you really have to appreciate the mental tenacity it takes, to ignore the sheer insanity that is PC gaming. Ignore all of it's failed launches, and frame the debate as if this one game is some kind of outlier in a sea of flawless releases and products.

Just to use a few from an article on PCgamer to articulate my point, since drawing up comparisons to other games is so popular today.

The list goes on and on.

Full Article : http://www.pcgamer.com/the-worst-pc-game-launches/
Either I understand the text is not right or mine is verkert over. Work with translator.

But I also really wanted to go out and do a lot of launches, but that does not mean that the game is garbage. As seen in the list. (WOW and co)

I think it really only measures that the people on the first day as tame as if he was promised a valid game. Which is not defenetive. And then they do it the same way.
Sure you can never know but you should at least give them the opportunity to prove themselves and not just put everything as scrap.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
Either I understand the text is not right or mine is verkert over. Work with translator.

But I also really wanted to go out and do a lot of launches, but that does not mean that the game is garbage. As seen in the list. (WOW and co)

I think it really only measures that the people on the first day as tame as if he was promised a valid game. Which is not defenetive. And then they do it the same way.
Sure you can never know but you should at least give them the opportunity to prove themselves and not just put everything as scrap.
Precisely. Failed launches are common, and what's worse, this game's launch was expected to be rocky. The examples in that article are all games that had all the time, resources and manpower to go off without a hitch and it still didn't happen, because PC gaming is a minefield of infinite variables.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
God why is it so hard for people to say something nice or shut the fuck up? I'm sure each and every one of us has something we don't like about the game. Idk if it's the duration of wait for some people, or maybe that $25 was just too painful to give up lol.

If I picked this game off of a gamestore shelf for $60, I would be PISSED. Consider what they have to work with, and where the game is going, and that's what makes me grateful. Plus...it's $25. You can wipe your ass with $25 and be fine. Some people act like this is all they have going on in their lives jesus....

KushBluntsLA

Backer
God why is it so hard for people to say something nice or shut the fuck up? I'm sure each and every one of us has something we don't like about the game. Idk if it's the duration of wait for some people, or maybe that $25 was just too painful to give up lol.

If I picked this game off of a gamestore shelf for $60, I would be PISSED. Consider what they have to work with, and where the game is going, and that's what makes me grateful. Plus...it's $25. You can wipe your ass with $25 and be fine. Some people act like this is all they have going on in their lives jesus....
Wow every time I hear a post like this I think of that episode of safe space from south park it's my safe space (singing that) why do you live in a bubble criticism is part of life it's what makes us better makes us strive to be better. Sounds more like mommy and daddy bought you everything and some people save there whole lives and struggle there whole lives and if games is what makes them stress out and escape reality what's that to you. So yes especially during the holidays 25 bucks is a lot to some. You must be a millionaire or got a huge bank account.

Aphonia_Mute

Killing Machine! (Stay clear - In Game)
Backer
Well some of these forums have turned trashy thanks to unthankful kids but I am disgusted with the discord chat... All the people bitching should either get a refund and leave or simply go play some other game for a few months until this has gotten a little further... Stop crying.

DonDiddy

Backer
I pretty sure Frankie didn't play it. He was showing off the video concepts.

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
Wow every time I hear a post like this I think of that episode of safe space from south park it's my safe space (singing that) why do you live in a bubble criticism is part of life it's what makes us better makes us strive to be better. Sounds more like mommy and daddy bought you everything and some people save there whole lives and struggle there whole lives and if games is what makes them stress out and escape reality what's that to you. So yes especially during the holidays 25 bucks is a lot to some. You must be a millionaire or got a huge bank account.
Thing is, they made it crystal clear what players would get in the initial days.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Well I'm an M2 (second year med student) and my wife is an RN, so we do okay. Maybe if you didn't blow all your money on those 'kush blunts' you'd have more cash and be more successful:p
No doubt I have immense debt, but that will not be a problem for long.

And believe me, I know how nice of a stress relief video games can be, now more than ever haha. Perhaps I've been dealt a better hand in life than you, but I have the same right to express my opinion as you do.

I agree that criticism is absolutely crucial to life, but when people are dismissing the game and still calling it a scam when it's barely off the ground is ridiculous. People didn't expect you to solve calculus problems or understand radioactive decay when you were first born, now did they?

Nothing I've said previously has been directed toward you until now. I state my opinion and criticize others when I see fit, but if you want to make it personal, simply 'hit me up' as you druggies like to say:D

Deec0rd

Backer
Well I'm an M2 (second year med student) and my wife is an RN, so we do okay. Maybe if you didn't blow all your money on those 'kush blunts' you'd have more cash and be more successful:p
No doubt I have immense debt, but that will not be a problem for long.

And believe me, I know how nice of a stress relief video games can be, now more than ever haha. Perhaps I've been dealt a better hand in life than you, but I have the same right to express my opinion as you do.

I agree that criticism is absolutely crucial to life, but when people are dismissing the game and still calling it a scam when it's barely off the ground is ridiculous. People didn't expect you to solve calculus problems or understand radioactive decay when you were first born, now did they?

Nothing I've said previously has been directed toward you until now. I state my opinion and criticize others when I see fit, but if you want to make it personal, simply 'hit me up' as you druggies like to say:D
People like you are exactly what this game doesn't need, another internet warriors, with any chance to brag and talk down to others you do. This is a community, we should be united in one common goal to provide feedback and improve this game.

Aaron87

Backer
I played for bout 20 mins and i know my potato didn't help the game at all but from what I saw and played this game has MUCH potential and cannot wait to see what the next year brings. Kudos to you devs. A year or so I'm sure will be seeing even greater things than the other zombie survival games have given us with YEARS into Early Development. Hype Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.