• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update 1 - Backer Release and What’s to Come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodecahedron

Your favorite Platonic Solid
Backer
Oh boy... I politely note that the update news thread probably isn't the right place to ask about other company's products and that person gets hostile. I'm deeply sorry for pointing you toward the right forum section.

I don't think that @JB_ will answer you in this thread, because the purpose of it was to inform people how testing went and that backers probably won't be able to get access in July. That goal was accomplished with the first post. He is probably agitated because of some people's reactions and I feel for this man (and the entire team).

A2z will continue to work on its game and we will receive updates. The team would be foolish to change anything about their roadmap/ agenda, just because other people develop games with a similar topic. Features will be properly completed and once the game is playable, backers will receive access.

I sincerely hope that I didn't offend you or anyone else in any way.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Thanks for the info. Have you guys been following Dead Matter, which opened it's kickstarter this month? Does the emergence of a direct competitor affect the StN team's development process at all? They have a team of 10 and the footage they released is already pretty slick. They also blew through their KS funding goal in just 7 days and are already past the $100K mark.

Sorry, not trying to advertise another game, I'm just wondering if it creates pressure that causes you to hold back on the StN release.
100% not the reason :) Jays video will explain more, I'm not knowledgeable in programming, but here goes.

There is a asset bundle issue, game breaking, to the point where it would be unplayable for us currently. Unplayable does not mean buggy and broken, though the build we will get to play will be buggy and broken. Unplayable in this instance would be closer to 'Press Play in Steam, game tries to launch, games crashes' (this may not be the actual issue this time, but it's the best example I can think of, as it is 'Unplayable'

Some peeps may think unplayable means 10fps/janky animations/poor controls etc, a game with all of those things may still be playable, just not a nice experience :)

They set an internal target, then made it public -JULY- they missed that target, and may continue to miss targets, but they would never push back a date purposefully because of other games, they want StN out as much as we do.

EDIT - Found this explanation of what a asset bundle is/does??? https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetBundlesIntro.html

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@Norton - completely understand your frustration here.
The most interesting things I've learnt from this thread have come from @strategos2411 about possible issues with the asset bundle being used and from @JB_ that @Clinton is now part of the team.
Will the game still be spun up on AllGamer servers?
As to the asset bundle, well unless the overworked team want to spend 5 or so more years writing their own game engine, then we're at the mercy of Unity and any changes or muck-ups they unintentionally make.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
1There is a asset bundle issue, game breaking, to the point where it would be unplayable for us currently. Unplayable does not mean buggy and broken, though the build we will get to play will be buggy and broken. Unplayable in this instance would be closer to 'Press Play in Steam, game tries to launch, games crashes' (this may not be the actual issue this time, but it's the best example I can think of, as it is 'Unplayable'
Silly, silly Strat. pressing play in steam and trying to launch the game to see it crash, that's what I thrive for in life. I'd do that for hours and hours. (Kidding, I understand :p )

Ok my hype is dead, I aksed for refund. Enough of waiting and promises for me in this early access games.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

DaRo

Szczerość za szczerość - chamstwo za chamstwo...
Backer
Ladies and gentlemen. I know that long waiting times can be frustrating but I repeat again. Give developers some time and patience. After all, we do not want the second game "DayZ" in the market - right? While waiting, play another game - for example, I play "7 days to die" and a lot of other games I have in my library. I greet all impatient. Cheers

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Thread starter Admin #131
Status
Not open for further replies.