• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update 2 - Internal Testing Has Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Admin #1

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hello all,

We’ve been able to start our internal tests. The weekend didn’t start well due to Steam’s backend being down for maintenance but we have begun testing and we're super positive. With any luck, things will progress pretty quickly from here. We will spend this week testing with just the team and fix any build breaking issues.

During the week I’ll be posting the start of our backer release testing schedule. Although we’ll likely release keys all at once to everyone, please remember that this upcoming backer release is essentially just an extended stress test. Things are going to be rough and for us to gather useful and practical information we’ll need some type of schedule and volunteers. I’ll be posting an outline of what we expect from people willing to help us test. While the game will be out for all that have pre-ordered, we’ll lock down a handful of servers for dedicated bug hunting backers that would like to get down to the nitty gritty with us.

I’ll end this update here and get back to testing builds. We’re nearing the end of a long road here but really it’s only the beginning of our trip. As always, thanks much for the continued support and dedication. If you haven’t already, please consider joining our discord it’s a simple way for the team to stay connected.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Hey man, ive got some bug reporting exp using forms and know a bit about the process. Count me in for some professional bug testing.

coRpSE

Backer
Awesome, and of course, I am down for helping with testing and looking for bugs. I already have a ton of experience doing that for other game companies.

Chills

Backer
Hello all,

We’ve been able to start our internal tests. The weekend didn’t start well due to Steam’s backend being down for maintenance but we have begun testing and we're super positive. With any luck, things will progress pretty quickly from here. We will spend this week testing with just the team and fix any build breaking issues.

During the week I’ll be posting the start of our backer release testing schedule. Although we’ll likely release keys all at once to everyone, please remember that this upcoming backer release is essentially just an extended stress test. Things are going to be rough and for us to gather useful and practical information we’ll need some type of schedule and volunteers. I’ll be posting an outline of what we expect from people willing to help us test. While the game will be out for all that have pre-ordered, we’ll lock down a handful of servers for dedicated bug hunting backers that would like to get down to the nitty gritty with us.

I’ll end this update here and get back to testing builds. We’re nearing the end of a long road here but really it’s only the beginning of our trip. As always, thanks much for the continued support and dedication. If you haven’t already, please consider joining our discord it’s a simple way for the team to stay connected.
sweet, excited to start playing! Will we be able to stream the alpha?

NickODG

Oh so pretty oh so pretty
Lead Mod
Backer
sweet, excited to start playing! Will we be able to stream the alpha?
Yes aslong as you include the disclaimer and let people know it is prealpha:

Survive The Nights Alpha Footage Disclaimer: This footage of Survive The Nights is taken from an alpha test build designed to allow the STN community assist a2zInteractive with testing features, game mechanics, report bugs, and provide feedback.  It may contain bugs and many of the features and game mechanics are not implemented and/or fully fleshed out.  As a result this footage should not be viewed as an accurate representation of what STN will become, but rather where the game is in its current state of ongoing development.

Status
Not open for further replies.