• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update 3 - Internal Testing and Test Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Admin #1

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hello all,

Just a quick update here. Obviously you're not playing so builds aren't ready. Testing has gone well this week and we've found and worked on a bunch of issues. We're going to start bringing forum mods (no do not apply to be a mod today) in on the builds this upcoming week and expanding testing numbers. Once we're sure all the client/server killing bugs are sorted and the majority of smaller issues (those requiring rebuilds) are sorted, we'll release keys. There's no sense in rushing now as we're making solid progress. With any luck, we're over major pipeline issues and we're closing in on something stable and worthwhile to hand out to all of the backers.

Something @André Kats has spent some time on this week are quality settings and cameras/effects associated with them. There are some things we just haven't had the chance to sit down and work on. I'll post some screens below comparing low/ultra settings. We'll remain committed to optimizations and performance.​

ULTRA

LOW

ULTRA

LOW

Later in the week we'll make the testing schedule/plan Google doc public. Basically it'll run down our plan of attack something like..

Stage 1 - CONNECTION AND GUI

Stage 1 should be dedicated to connection and overall testing of joining, exiting and then rejoining of the same server or joining new servers. This should all be done on official bug hunting servers for the time being.

• Testing safe log-off positions (using beds, couches, chairs, tents, sleeping bags, ‘bum forts’).

• Testing to make sure that non-safe log offs spawn you at a new random location (should be in the vicinity of your log-off area).

• Inventory GUI working and cursor locks and unlocks as expected.

• Chat GUI working and cursor locks and unlocks as expected.

• Chat can be opened with Enter or T.

• Chat can be closed with Enter(blank field) or Esc (anytime).

• Chat can be sent outside of a server role for all users.
I will attach the doc to this thread soon. Please follow the thread if you're interested in checking it out. I had planned on doing it this past week but we were testing/fixing and moving at a great clip so I put it off.

Thanks much for checking in! We hope to get keys to you guys as soon as possible! Please consider joining us on Discord. Come share your thoughts, ask your questions or voice your concerns :)

Thread starter Admin #2

JB_

Developer
Developer
This entire thread is disappointing. To be frank I'm sick and tired of defending the team, if you think we're ripping you off go away. The thread is closed, all future update posts will be posted with comments OFF. These threads are here for information. I'm tired of defending a team that does nothing but work. You pre-ordered a $25 indie game WHILE IT WAS IN A CONCEPT PHASE. You backed a team of inexperienced developers whos stories were out there from the start. We've been upfront and forward about our mistakes and delays we offer 24/7 contact DIRECT CONTACT with the team MAKING THE GAME!!!!!! I'm done defending us if you think we're dishonest and this is a scam go away or be banned.

For those that know what we're up to and support us, we'll continue to do as we're doing and push forward creating the game that we all want to play. Thank you for the continued support, suggestions, constructive criticisms and patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.