1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update 6 - Bug fixes and Continued Testing

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JB_, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
    Hello all,

Just a really quick update, as the title tells we're still killing issues. Mods have now created a few hundred tickets and we've sorted most and continue to work on builds internally. We left the mods last week at around v0.4.2 and have worked our way through 20-30 more builds now.

Lots of issues are being sorted and we're reaching a point we feel safe enough to call stable. We've once again started to update the changelog so everyone can check in on the fixes.

We hope that next weeks update will bring you guys a release date. The week will be full of builds and the end of October or start of November is starting to look like a real possibility for a backer release, shaky as it may be.

That being said, there has been a lot of talk on the discord and especially on Steam about our delays being a means to 'polish' the game for you. This is very much NOT the case. As I say in nearly every single update..this first build you're about to receive is very much pre-alpha. The game has been in development for 2 1/2 years and is by no means a 'game' yet. We've goofed on dates and people have taken our lack of experience in the field and in setting proper time frames the wrong way. We've not delayed anything to put a polish on it. You're not playing the game because the very basics aren't ready yet, simple as that. You can not polish a pre-alpha project. If it were polished it'd be selling as a full release. The road to a polished version of STN is a long one and we've just got on it.

We'll continue the grind along with the mods here for the week. Hoping to have everyone some more solid news next weekend. This should include a proper plan to move forward with backer keys!

2. Magicman

Magicman Member Backer

Sep 9, 2017
  3. Andy

Andy IGN: BadgerHobbs Backer

Aug 13, 2014
    I'd never have thought i would hear those words :D

4. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    Huzzah!... 20-30 internal builds god damn you guys are busy.

Keep fighting the good fight.

5. Lethargica

Lethargica Member Backer

Jun 18, 2017
    glhf

JB_ and OhDemGames like this.
  6. Yarwest

Yarwest FUBAR Backer

Oct 10, 2014
    Keep up the great work, we'll be waiting :)

7. Taz

Taz Member Backer

Jun 28, 2017
    Sounds like it's going the way it should! I'm super excited!!! keep up the good work!

JB_, OhDemGames and DemoCar82 like this.
  8. coRpSE

coRpSE Member Backer

Feb 25, 2016
    can't wait, keep up the good work.

JB_, OhDemGames and DemoCar82 like this.
  9. QLRA22

QLRA22 Member Backer

Oct 3, 2017
    I can not wait, refueling ~ support you, look forward to a date next week

JB_, DemoCar82 and OhDemGames like this.
  10. DemoCar82

DemoCar82 This is it... the apocalypse. Community Mod Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Well, from a Mod/tester/bug finder standpoint, I'm almost strictly trying to help the team burn thru issues in an organized fashion... this does 3 things.

1) Allow the team to more quickly locate and squash issues.
    2) Get us all closer to a release and everyone playing the game.
    3) Make a sorry-ass attempt to get good at STN so I win... which is a pipe dream.

Keep up the great work guys, I really do think most people will be proud that you haven't cut corners even though there have been delays and you're noobs! ;)

JB_ and OhDemGames like this.
  11. Humanoid

Humanoid Nerd Backer

Dec 14, 2016
    Ooof

JB_ likes this.
  12. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    Great to hear everything coming along nicely. Hope all is well with everyone.

DemoCar82, JB_ and OhDemGames like this.
  13. Alex Waring

Alex Waring Member Backer

Jun 29, 2017
    Wow great job guys can't wait for the release

DemoCar82, JB_ and OhDemGames like this.
  14. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    Cool beans I’m looking forward to playing the game. Fingers crossed and y’all are awesome

DemoCar82 and JB_ like this.
  15. (Mob)☣Hashire☣(¢λλ)

(Mob)☣Hashire☣(¢λλ) Member Backer

Jan 11, 2017
    Glad to be helping you out JB with the bug testing. every bug found and fixed is one small step closer. o7

DemoCar82 and JB_ like this.
  16. TheLostPotater

TheLostPotater Nato Potato, protecting world peace Backer

Jul 25, 2015
    will there be vive support? there aren't any vive open world survival games yet

17. JB_

Jul 25, 2014
    @André Kats has done a tiny bit of messing around, not sure how possible it will be. Perhaps when things aren't as insane as they are right now we'll have a proper look and see if it's feasible. You're not the first to ask by any means so there's interest for sure.

18. JB_

Jul 25, 2014
  19. iiBqntZ

iiBqntZ no one reads these anymore Backer

Mar 26, 2017
    Despite what people claim about the team (The people who say it's a scam), i will never turn my back on you guys, never.

DemoCar82 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.