• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update 6 - Bug fixes and Continued Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer
I absolutely love the way the game is coming along, and the funny thing is that they plan to do so much more than just the backer release, devs like this deserve to have a good following, for not being devs that shoo away fans. Being devs that actually care. I hope this game becomes as amazing as it looks

JackBandy

Backer
As another poster said, the version you will get to play is one step above the testing they are doing now! So I'd count your blessings. If you thought it was such a 'scam' why did you even bother backing them?

I may not have backed the game as long as most others, but I have no doubt that these guys are working fervently to deliver the best survival game ever made. And I feel great respect knowing that they're going to release it when it's ready (as ready as a pre-alpha can be) even if it takes another year, rather than rush out unplayable garbage. Even though this took much longer than originally thought, they are extremely diligent in giving us updates and showing tangible proof of progress.

Not trying to kiss the devs' asses or start a fight or anything, just a bit annoyed that people are bringing this up again now that a near release is no longer a mere dream. Keep up the great work guys.

bruh taking me seriously after I put jk jk on.... low. Eitherway tho, I can see how people can agree with what I said though, since it pretty much is a scam since they promised early access. We're not getting that, the early access is going to mods etc.

Still though, if there comes another update after this without a key release then why bother waiting. At this point its taken too long to get anything done.

KS_Salem

Backer
@André Kats has done a tiny bit of messing around, not sure how possible it will be. Perhaps when things aren't as insane as they are right now we'll have a proper look and see if it's feasible. You're not the first to ask by any means so there's interest for sure.
That got me hyped up as well.
Not expecting it to be a easy implementation or even a priority in developing, but maybe, if you guys get the FPS decent (And it it looks like it from the test results), would be really cool to play it in VR one day!

Thanks for the update and have a good week!

Thread starter Admin #44

JB_

Developer
Developer
bruh taking me seriously after I put jk jk on.... low. Eitherway tho, I can see how people can agree with what I said though, since it pretty much is a scam since they promised early access. We're not getting that, the early access is going to mods etc.

Still though, if there comes another update after this without a key release then why bother waiting. At this point its taken too long to get anything done.
What?!? No! Does anyone read the words I type? The next update will not have keys. We'll do a stream before a release. Can you please point out in this update or the ones before what would make you think you're not getting early access?

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer

Even JB is calling you out on this:D that's hilarious. And if you truly were joking, then I doubt you would have included 'I think' or have even bothered to post what you said 'bruh'. And how do you expect a team of 5 developers to go out and find every issue on a game that in-depth and enormous? The mods are helping them facilitate this process, if anything, and will be the reason why this game doesn't take 2 more years to get released. Would I want to help out with testing?? Hell yes! But it doesn't always work that way. So that 'early access' they get is simply to help all of us out. Besides, I couldn't imagine the hellfire if thousands of people tested this game at once and were reporting bugs left and right.

If this was a scam like you say, then they would have taken our money and ran for the hills, yet here you are still waiting like me :)

And you know what, you're absolutely right, WHY bother waiting? Go do something else more befitting of your time. I have TEN YEARS until I finish my education as a doctor, but I should stop because med schools are obviously scams right? The same goes for this; have patience and you will be rewarded with something great.

I really am sorry for the rant everybody, and will not continue to gum up this thread with the back and forth. JackBandy, if you have anything left to say, you can PM me. Just remember: the wise man speaks because he has something to say; the fool speaks because he has to say something. I think it's clear which one you are...bite your tongue next time. Once again devs, good work.

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
I don't care what anyone says, the mod testing is the same thing as internal dev game play, bug testing. We the backers are the bug testers. The mods are internal testers, setup remotely to test the game prior to download.

I hope that clarified that we will get keys when this is all completed.

Those that purchase now, will still have a backer chance to join in. Help keep this alive so we can move into the future with even more content.

Thanks Jay, JB and the mods, dev team (lack of names) for pushing this thus far.

NickODG

Oh so pretty oh so pretty
Lead Mod
Backer

Lets keep the "IT'S A SCAM" talk to ourselves you and anyone else know its straight bs saying that. o_O

Dark Rider 400

Informed Pre-Orderer
Backer
What?!? No! Does anyone read the words I type? The next update will not have keys. We'll do a stream before a release. Can you please point out in this update or the ones before what would make you think you're not getting early access?
Just can't help some people, JB. Don't even waste the effort trying to convince them. We, the actual backers and supporters, know that we'll get our keys when you and the team see fit to release the game for us to enjoy and help with. Take your sweet time making a great game :)

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
*Holding JB back* He's gone man! He's too far gone!

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
I can see how people can agree with what I said though, since it pretty much is a scam since they promised early access. We're not getting that, the early access is going to mods etc.

First off, no one is agreeing with you.
Secondly, call them “lazy”, or “devs dont know what they are doing” but dont call it a scam. If you took 2 seconds, you would realise the game is still not fully playable, and probably wont be enjoyable when you and I get our hands on it, which might be in couple of weeks.
Why is it taking so long?? Well the devs are learning game developing and unity as they progress, its their first game, and so far they have outdone AAA games. Bunch of guys out of their bedrooms have outdone Bohemia, Sony and Funcom when it comes to survival game. Pretty fucking amazing, dont you think?

JackBandy

Backer
Secondly, call them “lazy”, or “devs dont know what they are doing” but dont call it a scam. If you took 2 seconds, you would realise the game is still not fully playable, and probably wont be enjoyable when you and I get our hands on it, which might be in couple of weeks.
Why is it taking so long?? Well the devs are learning game developing and unity as they progress, its their first game, and so far they have outdone AAA games. Bunch of guys out of their bedrooms have outdone Bohemia, Sony and Funcom when it comes to survival game. Pretty fucking amazing, dont you think?
I said 'I can see how people CAN agree' not people agree. Also, the 'hundreds of builds' that were realeased to the game already clearly shows they're not struggling.

Moderator #55

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I don't care what anyone says, the mod testing is the same thing as internal dev game play, bug testing. We the backers are the bug testers. The mods are internal testers, setup remotely to test the game prior to download.

I hope that clarified that we will get keys when this is all completed.

Those that purchase now, will still have a backer chance to join in. Help keep this alive so we can move into the future with even more content.

Thanks Jay, JB and the mods, dev team (lack of names) for pushing this thus far.
@Sneakydude Thank you and for the support! Spot-on post!

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Minor correction, Sony Online was sold, Day Break Games is the new publisher and Developer. http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Daybreak Game Company

I know, the sad truth back then. Total mess it was, for many of us. I played EQ for 18 years and it sorta fell apart. Why i am quoting this message.

Otherwise great post bud :)

Templar

Survivor
Backer
I see STN development like a fine wine. The longer it ferments, the better off it'll be.

Trust me guys, I've seen almost all open world zombie survival games out there. None is like STN. The A2Z devs are actually putting in work opposed to those lazy bums at Dayz, 7 days to die, H1Z1, etcetera. They're all crap. Empty maps with shitty and boring zombies and nothing to do. A2Z is determined to make a game that's different than that! And oh boy I can't wait :D So if you're a real zombie survival fan, give it your time. It'll pay off.

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Minor correction, Sony Online was sold, Day Break Games is the new publisher and Developer. http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Daybreak Game Company

I know, the sad truth back then. Total mess it was, for many of us. I played EQ for 18 years and it sorta fell apart. Why i am quoting this message.

Otherwise great post bud :)
True about Sony/Daybreak deal, and its something i would call a scam. So many people bought the game on the premise of Sony being developers, big company behind a game could only be a good thing. Being passed down to a smaller company doesnt look good for the game, and it clearly shows, the map looks horrible, so much for the original promise by Sony for a huge map.

Status
Not open for further replies.