• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update 6 - Bug fixes and Continued Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLostPotater

Nato Potato, protecting world peace
Backer
@André Kats has done a tiny bit of messing around, not sure how possible it will be. Perhaps when things aren't as insane as they are right now we'll have a proper look and see if it's feasible. You're not the first to ask by any means so there's interest for sure.
Unity is the engine right? I've made a script for basic item handling (c#) with vive controllers thats really easy to set up and has only basic dependencies. You just need to tag items/game objects and they work plug and play style.

B11TME

Backer
Any update on this....I keep hearing maybe next week every week. Let us all in to find bugs, or at least the original backers of the game since they have been waiting years.

Xotukel

Backer
Any update on this....I keep hearing maybe next week every week. Let us all in to find bugs, or at least the original backers of the game since they have been waiting years.
Patience dear boi. Patience. Our time will come.

Only so long patience can last considering its been years already lol. I respect it is a small team working on this project but man this is taking forever.
bro its a small team working on a huge fuckin awesome game you cant expect consistency because of all the factors involved something that could take a huge AAA game company an hour or so could take these guys a day because they put efert in to make this a fun and enjoyable so dont be so hard on them they are just trying to make a game that can be enjoyed by all so give them support and help they are trying to make something awesome here.

sorry ive been following for a little over a year but i only made an account a few weeks ago cos im to lazy to make an account

Grumpycow

Backer
i been following for 2 years but made an account not long ago - im just bored with every game thats come out recently and i been patiently waiting for this - but with holidays ocming up - I wont havem uch time to game :(

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Man I am sick and tired of people bitching about waiting so long. I have no idea how hard it is to make a video game but with 5 people, it cannot be easy. The only reason AAA developers can make games so fast is because they have 100's of veteran computer whizzes working on it! Give these guys a break! And if not, please, try to make your own game as in-depth as STN and let us know how that goes :)

I may not have been waiting as long as some, but I just LOVE how so many people complain while the true supporters are simply sitting back and lying in wait. YES it's taking a long time, YES release dates have been pushed back, YES I also think it's likely that it will be delayed further, but you bet your ass this will be one of the greatest pre-alphas ever released.

We all have lives outside of the STN forums right (I hope)? So focus on some other sht while they work on it.

Nomadical

Backer
My only suggestion would be to avoid ETAs that you cannot meet. If you don't 'know' when it will be done, estimate farther than you think it could be.
This way you always look like you're ahead of schedule and people don't make decisions with their money based on the desire to please a forum.

Can't wait to play a good game for a change, though I won't lie - I wouldn't have bought in when I did had I known ETAs weren't thought out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still here and still ready to pl.. test when it releases.
It's hard to have all the mindsets necessary for a business with so few, you'll get there.

PuniieGodx

Life Is Short, Play More!
Backer

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
My only suggestion would be to avoid ETAs that you cannot meet. If you don't 'know' when it will be done, estimate farther than you think it could be.
This way you always look like you're ahead of schedule and people don't make decisions with their money based on the desire to please a forum.

Can't wait to play a good game for a change, though I won't lie - I wouldn't have bought in when I did had I known ETAs weren't thought out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still here and still ready to pl.. test when it releases.
It's hard to have all the mindsets necessary for a business with so few, you'll get there.
ETA's where projections, not concrete. Everything in Pre Alpha was given to us as approx.. dates that if everything turned out good we would have keys sooner. Weeks are not 3 weeks. Yes we know Christmas time was approx date, and it is a yr later. I do agree never give a concrete time frame at all. Approx. times only and given 1. Everything is completed enough, and 2. Everything hardware wise works out well.

But no where did it ever say we would be 100% sure, i know i got it prior to Christmas last year, just to be in on the backer part.

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
I do agree we need a new TM .... do not read between JB's "lines" if unsure what that means ask... Sometimes i find in all forums related information topics people tend to read between the lines a little to much, or they dont read at all, and just purchase ahead of everything then "Expect it to done" and when not, cry constantly about it. We had one individual or many do that exact same thing, then spammed foul for over a week because he failed to read. It was never in fine print, it was never in hidden print. Everyone of the devs and mods have been up front with information to us backers and i am happy to say, i respect them for all the effort they are doing.

Now can we move fucking past all this bullshit and lets find something else to talk about already? no reason to read others posts and read between the lines on everything they say.

B11TME

Backer
bro its a small team working on a huge fuckin awesome game you cant expect consistency because of all the factors involved something that could take a huge AAA game company an hour or so could take these guys a day because they put efert in to make this a fun and enjoyable so dont be so hard on them they are just trying to make a game that can be enjoyed by all so give them support and help they are trying to make something awesome here.
My issue is giving to forum mods before the guys who first backed the game, And to make things clear i am not one of them as i backed later. The people who first give their money for this game years ago should have priority over anyone else. Game testers with experience in bug finding like myself who has been part of small development teams for games for testing. I have nothing against the forum mods but i think the priority on who got to test the game was wrong. I know the devs are working hard to get us playing so respect to them and i am looking forward to playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.