1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update 7 - Progress and Release Dates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JB_, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
    Hello all,

We’ll make this quick because we’re all very busy working on builds. The game is coming along nicely now. We’ve tested with mods who have found 100’s of issues for us to fix and we’ve spent the last couple of weeks doing so. We’ll be releasing to backers in November, for better or worse. Our transparency has cost us. Being open and optimistic with the community and setting rough ETA's has backfired and is now held against us. Guesstimates to the endless "when" questions are considered to be fact by some. Now we'll release a build we'll likely not be happy with to calm those thinking we're running some kind of scam. That being said, I'm sure we'll never really be happy with a build, never think a feature is good enough. Survive the Nights is not just a game to the developers, it's our future and the future of our families. We’ll do one more week of mod testing to go over the issues they've found in previous testing rounds and next weekend I will provide you with a tentative November release date. Come speak with us on discord if you’d like.

Thanks much for the continued support!

2. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    I love you @JB_

maximum68, Num47, Archone and 6 others like this.
  3. Clarksi

Clarksi New Member Backer

Aug 11, 2017
    I am glad to see there is progress! Really excited to test this game out, I feel it could bring something special to my social media (Youtube / Twitch)!

DemoCar82 likes this.
  4. Steve P

Steve P New Member Backer

Oct 27, 2017
    AI its time to release! there will never be a right time for a developer who is releasing an early access game. BUt the delays have pushed a lot of people away since i waited in 2014/15. No-one is expecting a finished product, or even close, also seems like a good release window now, theres not much else going on, lots of bored people sitting around :mad:)

Sebouzer948 and Salvate like this.
  5. OzzFreak

OzzFreak I sold my soul to be the human obscene Backer

Aug 4, 2016
    Thank for the update. Will be glad when it's released, been looking forward to this game for lil over a year. , i haven't found a descent game to play since they broke 7 Days to Die. any true developer is never satisfied with a realse they always see faults because it's there babies, they created it , birthed it. A+++ for a2z

6. DemoCar82

DemoCar82 This is it... the apocalypse. Community Mod Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    As always, patiently waiting and trying to help where ever I can. Couldn't be any more straight forward of an update than that. IMO, take whatever time you guys need. Good work so far!

Sebouzer948, Salvate and Num47 like this.
  7. Yarwest

Yarwest FUBAR Backer

Oct 10, 2014
    Kinda sad that a certain part of the community has pushed the entire thing this way, especially taking into consideration that they will most likely be the first ones to bitch once backer release comes rolling through.

I guess we just have to wait and see how it all evolves.
    Don't let em get to ya too much guys, y'all been doing great.

Sebouzer948, Sarge4ID, Num47 and 2 others like this.
  8. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    So who you speaking too Willis? HEHE

9. Hoboman61

Hoboman61 Member Backer

Sep 11, 2014
    Awww shit yeah, can't wait!!!!!

Salvate likes this.
  10. Shishiaha

Shishiaha Well-Known Member Backer

Jun 3, 2017
    Do your best !

OhDemGames likes this.
  11. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    They will be back bahahah

zombie115m likes this.
  12. Da Joker

Da Joker Survival of the Fittest come Survive with me! Backer

Aug 23, 2017
    JB, First and foremost on behalf of myself and other's that are on the same page as myself I Thank you and the team for all your hard work. I know that this isn't an easy task and I have the up most respect for you and your decisions. Just know that we all don't think that you or anyone is scamming and we fully support you. But myself and other Backers are truly thankful to be able to get our hands on this masterpiece and to be able to hopefully help you with the progression by helping identify bugs in a larger number making the Development team being able to sole focus on tasks at hand. Again a massive thank you!
    Scott a.k.a. Da Joker

13. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    You know I kinda feel bad for a2z. They really don’t feel it’s ready to release to us backers. This being there baby and all. So I wish y’all luck and hope y’all continue making games after this one. This has been a hard road traveled for these devs. Remember these guys a few years ago wasn’t even developers. Let’s give them a big round of applause and show them that as backers we back them 100%. They have came a really long way in a few short years.
    Good luck and god speed

Kenneth

foxguy0, MMAPRODIGY, Da Joker and 6 others like this.
  14. Razer

Razer Member Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Good news! I think its the right thing to do now. Still a long ways to go im sure killing bugs and adding more stuff, but you will get there. Best of luck.

Num47, DemoCar82 and Bandit like this.
  15. Deec0rd

Deec0rd Member Backer

Feb 15, 2017
    X2
    The haters will always hate, whiners always whine, But with my shotgun and AR on their corpses we shall dine!

Proud of you guys.

16. Gindorf

Gindorf New Member Backer

Oct 21, 2017
    Cant wait!

Keep up the good work!

The Lemon Lord likes this.
  17. BluRael

BluRael New Member Backer

Jul 7, 2017
    I look forward to giving it a play when it gets out! Keep up the good work!

The Lemon Lord likes this.
  18. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.