• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update Coming Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

JamesIsHunky

Backer
Guys, the game probably wont come out this week or next week just expect a delay because if you expect it coming out you're probably gonna get your hopes dragged down, Update later today though
Thing is the fact that the recent trailer the graphics look awful to how they did in the images etc frighten me, I ain't trolling here but the amount of delays there's been you cannot say it's silly for people to lose hope because when you give a date to people and you miss the date that's your problem noone elses that's what the devs have to understand which they don't. Back in February I believe was when you guys said you guys were happy with the build and were ready to release within the few weeks this was 5 months ago, the game was meant to be released about 8 months ago, and even then you said you were super close and here we are still waiting if you're gonna give a date then atleast be able to deliver at that date. You cannot say it's silly for us to be angry but it's like a pizza delivery meant to take 45 minutes and it comes 1 hour and a half later it just doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Thread starter #2

JamesIsHunky

Backer
By the way, Devs I ain't moaning at you here I'm obviously an angry customer but i'm just pointing facts out to you and the update coming later today by what was said on the steam forum discussion I believe there's a delay coming from the comments made by your team which you may aswel say "there's an update coming but there's going to be a delay"

StonefishStoner

Backer
Well, it certainly seems like you're complaining and a lot of others have been waiting long before you. I can understand your frustration but we're currently closer than ever to the alpha builds (not the finished game if that's what you're thinking) so just look at it positively and have patience.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Hey there @JamesIsHunky .
If we boil it down, all us backers and supporters are frustrated about the delays in the game release.
Perhaps even as much as the overworked and underpaid team @a2z(Interactive);
Sorry, the record is still stuck in the same grove.
I've worked for a software house, so I know about unexpected delays, mission creep and stupid customers making unreasonable demands. Yes, that's us.
History time. The team started running Minecraft servers. And then they turned up the volume all the way by trying to build STN from scratch. They learnt as the went along, decided to go for a full rewrite when the new Unity game engine came out.
You'll find the team and the mods always online. In the forums, on Discord and apparently on all sorts of social media as well.
And there's a game being written as well?
I don't care if it takes two more years before release.
It's always been about "a game they want to play"
I'm happy to wait. Talking to everyone in this great community has been worth my crowdfunding investment.
And I've bought some 'coffee' for the team as well.
Please be patient @JamesIsHunky , yes we all wanted a release earlier. But S*IT happens.
When the game drops we can all stop wining and complaining.
Because it's going to 'rock the house'

Thread starter #5

JamesIsHunky

Backer
Well, it certainly seems like you're complaining and a lot of others have been waiting long before you. I can understand your frustration but we're currently closer than ever to the alpha builds (not the finished game if that's what you're thinking) so just look at it positively and have patience.
It's not about who's been waiting before me I've been waiting a long time too that's besides the point anyways mate please leave you don't know what your talking about

Thread starter #6

JamesIsHunky

Backer
Hey there @JamesIsHunky .
If we boil it down, all us backers and supporters are frustrated about the delays in the game release.
Perhaps even as much as the overworked and underpaid team @a2z(Interactive);
Sorry, the record is still stuck in the same grove.
I've worked for a software house, so I know about unexpected delays, mission creep and stupid customers making unreasonable demands. Yes, that's us.
History time. The team started running Minecraft servers. And then they turned up the volume all the way by trying to build STN from scratch. They learnt as the went along, decided to go for a full rewrite when the new Unity game engine came out.
You'll find the team and the mods always online. In the forums, on Discord and apparently on all sorts of social media as well.
And there's a game being written as well?
I don't care if it takes two more years before release.
It's always been about "a game they want to play"
I'm happy to wait. Talking to everyone in this great community has been worth my crowdfunding investment.
And I've bought some 'coffee' for the team as well.
Please be patient @JamesIsHunky , yes we all wanted a release earlier. But S*IT happens.
When the game drops we can all stop wining and complaining.
Because it's going to 'rock the house'
Good point

Banned #7

Scotty37

Backer
Everyone is frustrated by delays, but we must take in mind that its a small team working on it. They're trying their best to make it as playable as possible, fixing bugs and adding features. They're not gonna rush it like ubisoft or origin games. Making a good game takes years, it'll be worth the wait. Trust me.

Remember, the longer it takes, the better it'll be.

StonefishStoner

Backer
It's not about who's been waiting before me I've been waiting a long time too that's besides the point anyways mate please leave you don't know what your talking about
Don't know what I'm talking about? You contradict yourself by saying don't get your hopes up, and you practically say always expect the worse so you're not disappointed but here you are complaining that you've had to wait past expected dates...

Thread starter #9

JamesIsHunky

Backer
Don't know what I'm talking about? You contradict yourself by saying don't get your hopes up, and you practically say always expect the worse so you're not disappointed but here you are complaining that you've had to wait past expected dates...
Please leave my post you're just causing trouble little boy run along.

JB_

Developer
Developer
July has been our goal, we NEVER set a date. The game will be out when it's ready simple as that. There are no delays! We've not delayed anything July was our goal it's not going to happen.

Thread starter #11

JamesIsHunky

Backer
Everyone is frustrated by delays, but we must take in mind that its a small team working on it. They're trying their best to make it as playable as possible, fixing bugs and adding features. They're not gonna rush it like ubisoft or origin games. Making a good game takes years, it'll be worth the wait. Trust me.

Remember, the longer it takes, the better it'll be.
Thankyou for your comment.

Thread starter #12

JamesIsHunky

Backer
July has been our goal, we NEVER set a date. The game will be out when it's ready simple as that. There are no delays! We've not delayed anything July was our goal it's not going to happen.
Thankyou for your reply JB what do you mean it's not going to happened? the July goal? or the delay ? and there's been delays in the past for example december release.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Thankyou for your reply JB what do you mean it's not going to happened? the July goal? or the delay ? and there's been delays in the past for example december release.
Yes two major delays in the past that we can't seem to outlive here. July was our goal and we'll not meet it, obviously we're not happy about that. The 'delay' talk has just gotten out of hand, we intentionally didn't set a date so I'd not have to deal with this. It's hard to try and understand the average person that gets so angry with us on this? Do you think we don't want the game out? Do you think it's fun working 80 hours a week earning nothing for your efforts? NO ONE wants the project on steam more than the 6 of us, we have bills to pay and mouths to feed it's not just a game for us it's our lively hood if you lose hype or you rage it matters not to us. We'll continue working on the game because we're not just dedicated but it's literally our future.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
Yes two major delays in the past that we can't seem to outlive here. July was our goal and we'll not meet it, obviously we're not happy about that. The 'delay' talk has just gotten out of hand, we intentionally didn't set a date so I'd not have to deal with this. It's hard to try and understand the average person that gets so angry with us on this? Do you think we don't want the game out? Do you think it's fun working 80 hours a week earning nothing for your efforts? NO ONE wants the project on steam more than the 6 of us, we have bills to pay and mouths to feed it's not just a game for us it's our lively hood if you lose hype or you rage it matters not to us. We'll continue working on the game because we're not just dedicated but it's literally our future.
you are so true its like no one can move forward. i was upset when december came and gone. but thing is i still supported yall as i still do. it is frustrating but flaming and post with negativity doesnt accomplish anything at all. if we have to wait thats cool i still have a2z's back

Thread starter #16

JamesIsHunky

Backer
Lmfao earning nothing mate you're earning money out of it hence why people make games how thick can one person get and you would be bothered if noone bought the game because you'd of got nothing out of it.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Lmfao earning nothing mate you're earning money out of it hence why people make games how thick can one person get and you would be bothered if noone bought the game because you'd of got nothing out of it.
What?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Oh yea. In the mean time I've been playing mods on arma 3. Destolation reduex is pretty cool
I had a go of that ArmSTALKER... most MODs you play online, the server requires DLC I don't have yet so not played Exile or anything like that :( but the WW2 mods are the best... I must be one of the only few people to play Arma how it should, a military sim not a zombie one hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.