• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update! Town and Area Names Chosen + Bonus Interactive World Map!

LlamaLover

Backer
JB and the devs deserve a break but they did set it on themselves to have it come out in December. Btw whats with the Dev blog? Not saying like GET ON IT UPDATE DAILY but weekly updates or even every other week does a lot even if it is little stuff it shows there is work being made. Not saying you don't do work but it gets tiring and feels like time kinda is running out when the progress/Change log don't change change for weeks. Take your time there's no real reason to be in a rush anyways you guys do amazing work!:D

JB_

Developer
Developer
JB and the devs deserve a break but they did set it on themselves to have it come out in December. Btw whats with the Dev blog? Not saying like GET ON IT UPDATE DAILY but weekly updates or even every other week does a lot even if it is little stuff it shows there is work being made. Not saying you don't do work but it gets tiring and feels like time kinda is running out when the progress/Change log don't change change for weeks. Take your time there's no real reason to be in a rush anyways you guys do amazing work!:D
Not sure what you're talking about, the changelog changes nearly daily. The devblog is dead and has been since Stress Test 1. I will shortly be removed.

Our goal is to get the game out in December to current backers. If that happens then great, if it doesn't it doesn't. We should all know by now the game will be ready when it's ready. The only reason we stated December was to build a bit of hype so we'd have a player base.
EDIT - I meant current backer base not new backers and December is still very much our goal!

As soon as it's ready you'll receive your keys, you'll join us and kill major issues and then we'll move to Early Access.

*We also keep hearing things like "losing interest" or "times running out"..This makes us feel like some (if not most) of our backers are expecting some kind of amazing polished game. This is very far from what you'll be playing in Alpha, Survive the Nights is moving from infant "pre - alpha" to an actual alpha build. We're only just beginning to develop Survive the Nights not coming to some kind of finish.

Last edited:

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
I don't suppose you could tell us potential plans of how the overhaul to the fortification system would work.

JB_

Developer
Developer
e
I don't suppose you could tell us potential plans of how the overhaul to the fortification system would work.
Yeah, right now the fortifications are static, so you walk up to a window with a plank in your hand and you have 6-8 "preset" locations that board can go. This is not flexible at all, boards are either on/off.

In the last couple of months we've implemented our free placement system. This system allows the player to place any "drop" anywhere in the world, up, down, rotation etc. We're working on a system like this for fortifications. This will allow players to place boards tightly or spaced out etc. It will also allow us to introduce new fortifications very easily, so moving from boards to sheet materials, fencing and chicken wire it will allow for much more flexibility. :)

Raining_Thunder

Backer
e

Yeah, right now the fortifications are static, so you walk up to a window with a plank in your hand and you have 6-8 "preset" locations that board can go. This is not flexible at all, boards are either on/off.

In the last couple of months we've implemented our free placement system. This system allows the player to place any "drop" anywhere in the world, up, down, rotation etc. We're working on a system like this for fortifications. This will allow players to place boards tightly or spaced out etc. It will also allow us to introduce new fortifications very easily, so moving from boards to sheet materials, fencing and chicken wire it will allow for much more flexibility. :)
Sounds great

Jhanco

Helo byd. Rwy'n Cymraeg!
Backer
Not sure what you're talking about, the changelog changes nearly daily. The devblog is dead and has been since Stress Test 1. I will shortly be removed.

Our goal is to get the game out in December to current backers. If that happens then great, if it doesn't it doesn't. We should all know by now the game will be ready when it's ready. The only reason we stated December was to build a bit of hype so we'd have a player base.

As soon as it's ready you'll receive your keys, you'll join us and kill major issues and then we'll move to Early Access.

*We also keep hearing things like "losing interest" or "times running out"..This makes us feel like some (if not most) of our backers are expecting some kind of amazing polished game. This is very far from what you'll be playing in Alpha, Survive the Nights is moving from infant "pre - alpha" to an actual alpha build. We're only just beginning to develop Survive the Nights not coming to some kind of finish.
I'm sorry about this; I love the development of the game and the team but "to build a bit of hype". Well I just don't have any words I'm speechless because many of us have been here since the start (2years or so) and are still here, quiet frantically the hype has died after the first project got deleted. You then rebuilt the game which peaked in hype again and has now died with no possibility of regaining hype until the game is released.

Also to point out that the last time that hype was built up by a post was a bit disappointing because nothing happened. IF and IF your goal is December to current backers then stick to it and get it out. Quit making goals which are not achievable because it is hurting the community. I see less and less people active every month on the forums and statistics probably show this. You're most likely saying this to show some light but instead just post a picture every now and then of something which will keep everyone in interest.

If you're going to use "Our goal is to get the game out in December to current backers" and "We should all know by now the game will be ready when it's ready", then there isn't really any goal.

Now it seems that I am picking at you and the team but I am not. I'm just pointing out from what is true on a patient persons perspective.

The people who are saying "losing interest" and "times running out" are not asking for some kind of an amazing polished game but a game which was suppose to come a while ago and are now hanging onto a piece of thread. EVEN if it's a game with bugs and broken areas. Saying that "We're only just beginning to develop Survive the Nights" is big downpour since this game has been in development for a quite a while.

Like said; I love you guys and the game. I'm not saying all this for the sake of it. This is how I'm feeling and probably a few others. I do want to say thank you for sticking onto something that was your dream and now everyone's.

Rg.

Backer
To come on here and to see that putting "Join us on steam early access December 2016" was all for hype, very well ruined it for me. Considering I've been holding off on pre-ordering for a while, I pre ordered last month expecting to see it in December as well as everything seemed so confident. It's very disappointing to see that it all was for hype in case things went well this month. It drained all the hype out of me.

Hermzie VonZipper

This Title is Custom...
Backer
Eish...No offense to anybody, or maybe the people bitching so much...In the per-order description of any social backing, you should know that the game is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT its like playing Russian roulette. Its a personal choice you take when you click the "purchase" button, knowing what kick-starter and development state means. For example....I bought a cool game back when "Dead Linger" it wasn't the best, But it made do....Then one morning Update release without warning..."The Dead Linger" is indefinitely discontinued...I was little upset, but i knew the consequences...So...This is a small team working on releasing the ultimate Alpha version, unlike many games on steam i know and witnessed, is pure wakka. Let's all just calm down like a aspirin on LSD and give these oaks 10 days. No pressure, They say December 2016. There is still time left...Now if 01 Jan 2017 comes and no game...Bitch on!...because then that is false information and no commitment to their promises. So screw the Hype or Hypes....Usually the best is worth waiting for.

JB_

Developer
Developer
I'm sorry about this; I love the development of the game and the team but "to build a bit of hype". Well I just don't have any words I'm speechless because many of us have been here since the start (2years or so) and are still here, quiet frantically the hype has died after the first project got deleted. You then rebuilt the game which peaked in hype again and has now died with no possibility of regaining hype until the game is released.

Also to point out that the last time that hype was built up by a post was a bit disappointing because nothing happened. IF and IF your goal is December to current backers then stick to it and get it out. Quit making goals which are not achievable because it is hurting the community. I see less and less people active every month on the forums and statistics probably show this. You're most likely saying this to show some light but instead just post a picture every now and then of something which will keep everyone in interest.

If you're going to use "Our goal is to get the game out in December to current backers" and "We should all know by now the game will be ready when it's ready", then there isn't really any goal.

Now it seems that I am picking at you and the team but I am not. I'm just pointing out from what is true on a patient persons perspective.

The people who are saying "losing interest" and "times running out" are not asking for some kind of an amazing polished game but a game which was suppose to come a while ago and are now hanging onto a piece of thread. EVEN if it's a game with bugs and broken areas. Saying that "We're only just beginning to develop Survive the Nights" is big downpour since this game has been in development for a quite a while.

Like said; I love you guys and the game. I'm not saying all this for the sake of it. This is how I'm feeling and probably a few others. I do want to say thank you for sticking onto something that was your dream and now everyone's.
You misunderstood me, I didn't mean new hype, I meant just to get you guys back into the mix. We also have two weeks here no one is saying a December release won't happen everyone needs to calm down a bit.

The last thing we want is new hype, but we need people to fill servers. We didn't hype the lasts tests and had a bit of a trouble getting consistent feedback.

And you're right this game has been in development for two years, it also takes a massive team about 5 years to finish a project like this. The video had nothing to do with things being quiet here, believe me, we like it when things are quiet.

Sorry if i missspoke, we're all a bit burnt out days are long and gray matter is in short supply.

Since everyone was made to believe we'd have something to play we should at least get something to play. I don't think many people are expecting a polished game. I'd rather play with a bunch of bugs and get updates then checking my email 900 times a day. xD just my two cents.

JB_

Developer
Developer
To come on here and to see that putting "Join us on steam early access December 2016" was all for hype, very well ruined it for me. Considering I've been holding off on pre-ordering for a while, I pre ordered last month expecting to see it in December as well as everything seemed so confident. It's very disappointing to see that it all was for hype in case things went well this month. It drained all the hype out of me.
No it had absolutely nothing to do with new hype and December is still very much our goal, this convo has gotten way derailed.

Jhanco

Helo byd. Rwy'n Cymraeg!
Backer
You misunderstood me, I didn't mean new hype, I meant just to get you guys back into the mix. We also have two weeks here no one is saying a December release won't happen everyone needs to calm down a bit.

The last thing we want is new hype, but we need people to fill servers. We didn't hype the lasts tests and had a bit of a trouble getting consistent feedback.

And you're right this game has been in development for two years, it also takes a massive team about 5 years to finish a project like this. The video had nothing to do with things being quiet here, believe me, we like it when things are quiet.

Sorry if i missspoke, we're all a bit burnt out days are long and gray matter is in short supply.
It's all good JB. Relax and focus, that's the key. Just wanted to say what was on the communities mind since everyone is a little heated and no one was really pointing out anything. Would be pretty nice if forums would become active again instead of 20 daily users.

Just want you to know that I am here with support.

JB_

Developer
Developer
It's all good JB. Relax and focus, that's the key. Just wanted to say what was on the communities mind since everyone is a little heated and no one was really pointing out anything. Would be pretty nice if forums would become active again instead of 20 daily users.

Just want you to know that I am here with support.
(tableflip) :p

JB_

Developer
Developer
Question JB; Did anything off my post get implemented into the game? It got a good few amounts of votes!
Careers could very much come into play when we dive deeper into the whole leveling system. They would tie in well and could be a good base for setting up a character. You wont see this in early alpha builds but a lot of leveling mechanics are already in place :)