• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Update! Town and Area Names Chosen + Bonus Interactive World Map!

Rg.

Backer
I saw in the change log that gun attachments are still being worked on. Is there any sort of gun attachment system in place right now for the alpha? I'd love to be able to put those makeshift suppressors on my guns.

JB_

Developer
Developer
I saw in the change log that gun attachments are still being worked on. Is there any sort of gun attachment system in place right now for the alpha? I'd love to be able to put those makeshift suppressors on my guns.
You'll likely see customization in the earlier alpha builds, the system we have in place now will allow for all types of easy customization and in the future the same system will tie into modding/workshop stuff :)

T8Mars

Shameless Self Promoter! T8Mars on YouTube!
Backer
Everyone needs to tale a step back and breathe. Damn, this game is shaping up to be something brilliant. I understand where the concern and doubt is coming from for some people, i have been let down by EA games before too... but the big difference here is that we have nearly direct access to the dev team to ask questions and get answers. So peeps need to take a chill pill and remember that this is a game that will be fucking amazeballs when it finally drops.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Everyone needs to tale a step back and breathe. Damn, this game is shaping up to be something brilliant. I understand where the concern and doubt is coming from for some people, i have been let down by EA games before too... but the big difference here is that we have nearly direct access to the dev team to ask questions and get answers. So peeps need to take a chill pill and remember that this is a game that will be fucking amazeballs when it finally drops.
Amazeballs confirmed

Ghetto Kowboy

Backer
Since everyone was made to believe we'd have something to play we should at least get something to play. I don't think many people are expecting a polished game. I'd rather play with a bunch of bugs and get updates then checking my email 900 times a day. xD just my two cents.
i feel you on that, i got dayZ standalone when it first came out and the bugs were ridiculous. there were updates every few days until some complications took place but it was a work in progress with a supportive community and still is today. yes the game was already in pre alpha but that's what we're working to get to for STN. 2 years is a long time to wait for something that should've been out long ago, but just look at the wait and time you spent supporting the team and the project as you do your job, you gotta work for the check in the end. so instead of complaining about "losing interest" just focus on working towards the product in the end, help the devs instead of nagging them because to me it looks like they've been doing a whole lot of work these past 2 years.

Not sure what you're talking about, the changelog changes nearly daily. The devblog is dead and has been since Stress Test 1. I will shortly be removed.

Our goal is to get the game out in December to current backers. If that happens then great, if it doesn't it doesn't. We should all know by now the game will be ready when it's ready. The only reason we stated December was to build a bit of hype so we'd have a player base.
EDIT - I meant current backer base not new backers and December is still very much our goal!

As soon as it's ready you'll receive your keys, you'll join us and kill major issues and then we'll move to Early Access.

*We also keep hearing things like "losing interest" or "times running out"..This makes us feel like some (if not most) of our backers are expecting some kind of amazing polished game. This is very far from what you'll be playing in Alpha, Survive the Nights is moving from infant "pre - alpha" to an actual alpha build. We're only just beginning to develop Survive the Nights not coming to some kind of finish.
Quick question, I Pre-ordered the game and its on humble bundle so asoon as keys go out will it be on humble bundle page?

JB_

Developer
Developer
Quick question, I Pre-ordered the game and its on humble bundle so asoon as keys go out will it be on humble bundle page?
Yeah, as soon as we have a build humble will send out steam keys, you'll download and play via steam :)

LlamaLover

Backer
Careers are OK but when you choose a career it makes you play the game a certain way in Project Zomboid when you pick a career you pretty much have to go gardener or builder route and its hard to mix other aspects in. But if they were implemented so that they had less of an impact but still gave you some skills.

boxanata

Backer
Once again, hype has gotten the best of some people. When will people learn. Hype leads to nothing but disappointment!