• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Useable Containers.

Thread starter #1

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer
Did a quick search for keywords relating and found nothing,

If I'm correct, since the map is going to be two island then I'd like to see containers washed up near the
water. they could be usable in terms of locking doors and storing your gear but cannot be moved, unless with proper equipment, (truck?).

You could claim one of these as your own by crafting a padlock and using it on the doors, of course your gear is knot always safe, it can be raided as the padlock is breakable.

In terms of being fortified I was thinking that IF these can be transported they can only be used on ground level, so no stacking to great heights (such as Rust) and you could add or take away the item on it such as "10 metal sheets" "2 metal poles" etc,

Jayty

Developer
Developer
Love the idea of loot washing up on shore! If you check out FrankieonPCin1080p's vids for the game you will see the lockable containers that we already have. You're exactly right about them not being 100% secure also, the will always be a chance of getting raided.

as for cabinets etc, most will be openable and you will be able to store items in them similar to Fallout however they won't be lockable like the crates.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Love the idea of loot washing up on shore! If you check out FrankieonPCin1080p's vids for the game you will see the lockable containers that we already have. You're exactly right about them not being 100% secure also, the will always be a chance of getting raided.

as for cabinets etc, most will be openable and you will be able to store items in them similar to Fallout however they won't be lockable like the crates.
A chance to get raided? Maybe by breaking the locks with.... THERMITE?!?!?!

Check it out @Jayty
http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/thermite-to-melt-locks.723/

Thread starter #10

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer

Are there any plans for shipping containers to be included?

Mountainhigh

Backer
We don't currently have any made but i'm almost positive this will be something we add in the future.
woop, woop.

I love big vehicles in games, even if you cant drive them
Big containers ships at sea that just floating/stranded around because they are simply goast ships.
No crew or captain all death, maby some zeds that took control of the ship and some nice loot.

Jayty

Developer
Developer
woop, woop.

Big containers ships at sea that just floating/stranded around because they are simply goast ships.
No crew or captain all death, maby some zeds that took control of the ship and some nice loot.
Oh yeah we couldn't agree more!

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
woop, woop.

Oh yeah. Container ships don't take many people to operate. At least a skeleton crew of 25. But I don't expect them due to... reasons.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I would love to have cargo ships i could enter in like a hull breech and go though the ship but also love the lockable containers indoors so i can store stuff so i dont just have to carry everything

Thread starter #19

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer
Yeah I kinda feel like my op might have seems like I was meaning a full ship, I was meaning just the lockable containers spawning randomly near the coast and on the beaches etc.

Not in favour of massive ships because it just takes the fun away from defending a base from zombies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountainhigh

Backer
Yeah I kinda feel like my op might have seems like I was meaning a full ship, I was meaning just the lockable containers spawning randomly near the coast and on the beaches etc.

Not in favour of massive ships because it just takes the fun away from defending a base from zombies.
I have to agree that whe did get a bit off topic excuse me!

If i have some time tommorow, il wil start a new trhead whit the queastion what people would like to see on a container ship and if they would like to see one.
Ofcorse if some one else allready didn't, this way whe wont have to bother you any more;)

Stil like your idee, to bring it back on topic!!

Last edited by a moderator: