• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Using bed sheets as window blockers/curtains

Thread starter #1

Daniel Jacobs

Backer
I would love to see bed sheets being used for something like this! I thought this would be a cool edition to the game. I feel like it would make sense in a zombie outbreak that you would wanna find a way to close off the view of zombies outside and possible humans. I know there will be metal sheets but maybe curtains could be used for a lower tier fortification? Just an idea!;)

p.s. sorry if they already said something close to this will be in the game. If so you can correct me. Can't wait to play.

Templar

Survivor
Backer
I support this!

Also anything to cover the windows in order to blind them would be cool. :)

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Well I hope you won't need to, I hope that you can just turn down the blinds, which most windows should already have, if not curtains. But if not, there is free-placing items, wooden planks that can be put across the windows, and metal sheets that pretty much fully cover them

JB_

Developer
Developer
Well I hope you won't need to, I hope that you can just turn down the blinds, which most windows should already have, if not curtains. But if not, there is free-placing items, wooden planks that can be put across the windows, and metal sheets that pretty much fully cover them
There's no glass, no window treatments etc. There's just far too many structures and windows for that to work well right now. Sheets over the windows is a fantastic idea and one that has been heavily discussed and will likely make an appearance in future builds.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Hopefully when/if we get glass then I'd also like the feature to paint them black or cover them with old newspapers.

But that's for if :D

Thread starter #8

Daniel Jacobs

Backer
Hopefully when/if we get glass then I'd also like the feature to paint them black or cover them with old newspapers.

But that's for if :D
Yes that would be pretty cool! Or maybe you could stick certain papers you could find or craft in STN to the windows. Like warning posters or something like that. ooooo the excitement :p

Thread starter #9

Daniel Jacobs

Backer
Like what you do in Project: Zomboid?
Yeah sort of like that. I was thinking you could use the nails you find in this game to nail them to the inside of your windows and maybe board up on the outside or something of that nature. I also saw this one time in the background of a Walking Dead episode lol. Just seems like it would fit here.:)

Thread starter #10

Daniel Jacobs

Backer
There's no glass, no window treatments etc. There's just far too many structures and windows for that to work well right now. Sheets over the windows is a fantastic idea and one that has been heavily discussed and will likely make an appearance in future builds.
Thanks JB for responding! I'm looking really forward to being able to fortify my base in this game. This will definitely be one of my favorite parts of STN!

Moderator #11

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I hope to see some realistic, but in-depth fortification systems take hold and evolve in game.

I kind of really get a kick out of modular systems, where you build something functional and use it, while you are gathering and/or building the appropriate tools, parts, etc. to take it to the next 'level'. Would love to see something like this go in for several different parts of the game eventually.

Stay Alive

Idea extraordinaire
Backer
I would love to see bed sheets being used for something like this! I thought this would be a cool edition to the game. I feel like it would make sense in a zombie outbreak that you would wanna find a way to close off the view of zombies outside and possible humans. I know there will be metal sheets but maybe curtains could be used for a lower tier fortification? Just an idea!;)

p.s. sorry if they already said something close to this will be in the game. If so you can correct me. Can't wait to play.
That sounds like a really cool idea. Maybe you could do this on cars and such as well? Putting up sheets up could be an easier way to keep it safe from zombies, if you decide to live in there. It's a small thing for sure, but details are what make a game great!

Moderator #14

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
What if we could close the curtains? x3 View attachment 2609
Good call, maybe some windows could eventually have curtains already on them, some completely without that we would add sheets to. Could give a cool immersive and different feel... especially if there are variations in colors and patterns and such on sheets and curtains.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Yeah that would be awesome, and I think some of them already have curtains, I didn't edit that photo and got it off of StN's facebook page

Moderator #16

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
Yeah that would be awesome, and I think some of them already have curtains, I didn't edit that photo and got it off of StN's facebook page
I believe curtains had to be removed at one point actually, but that was a while back during testing so I'm not 100% on that.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Can zombies see? Would curtains or some other form of blocking windows (planks, sheeting, painting any remaining glass) help avoid detection? Or perhaps just a little more defence from the zombies breaking in?
Could curtains help in the winter months keeping the heat in a building?
Could you craft them with some bed sheets and a sewing kit?

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Can zombies see? Would curtains or some other form of blocking windows (planks, sheeting, painting any remaining glass) help avoid detection? Or perhaps just a little more defence from the zombies breaking in?
Could curtains help in the winter months keeping the heat in a building?
Could you craft them with some bed sheets and a sewing kit?
I'm pretty sure they'd help with insulation for warmth, although if we're talking most traditional zombies, they'd have little to no effect, besides maybe briefly stunning the zombie as it went through the window.