• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Various Building Suggestions

Thread starter #1

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Here are just a few quick ideas for different buildings I would like to see implemented in the game and what loot/points of interest they might contain.

Pawn Shop

Pawn shops are a hub for supplies. They contain the following loot:

-Civilian or antique firearms
-Electronics (old and new, used and pristine)
-Jewelry
-Different smalls that can be used in crafting if implemented
-Display cases with removable Plexiglas

Military Surplus Store

A very nice place to find military-grade loot that could go along with small military encampments and some other low-tier military landmarks so the game wouldn't have to have unrealistically set airfields and military bases on the map! This place is a great place to find:

-Knives of all sorts
-Military backpacks
-Military grade flashlights
-Night-vision equipment

-Battle Dress Uniform
-Weapon magazines
-Firearms
-Ammunition

Truck Stops

Truck stops are often home to a small strip mall of fast food restaurants or grocers, 3-4 vending machines spread out across the perimeter, and an upwards of 5-12 trucks in-house at once that could be carrying anything to pallets of food for Cosco, to general electronics for Radio Shack, or even frozen meat for McDonalds. You could find:

-Snacks in the vending machines
-All sorts of different goods in the back of trucks (in small or enormous amounts)
-Loot in the various shopping vendors at the stop

I hope you guys like these ideas. I love feedback so shoot some words of advice or opinion!

Regards, Blender

Last edited by a moderator:

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Some nice ideas there, but I can see a few issues aswell -

Pawn Shop-
I think the inclusion of this building would depend on the map, as stated already it's going to be an island. A pawn shop would probably only be in a built up area(town/village) and even then it would probably be quite small.
Items found here, especially weapons would probably be poor quality/damaged(or possibly already looted).

Military Surplus Store-
Although the Devs say there will be no military grade weapons/items in the game, I could definitely see this (or a hunting supply store) being added. Would be ideal for camouflage clothing, thermals, (only perks would be warmth, harder to spot when out hunting), water bottles etc. But like the pawn shop, most if not all of the good stuff you'd expect to find there would have been looted already.

Truck Stops -
Can't really see these in game, combined fuel station/diner possibly, but not a full truck stop, islands would normally have most goods/supplies delivered by sea.

The only workaround I can think of is if there are severely damaged bridges, between each island/to the mainland, that could explain the need for a truck stop, as there could have been much more trucks going to and from the islands.

Hopefully we can get more replies on this to see what others think.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
@strategos2411 This doesn't necessarily pertain to the topic but I noticed your concern for items already being looted. I wanted tell you that I think the devs stated that the game takes place just after the apocalypse has happened. So a lot of looting hasn't happened the players being the first survivors to do so.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
@strategos2411 This doesn't necessarily pertain to the topic but I noticed your concern for items already being looted. I wanted tell you that I think the devs stated that the game takes place just after the apocalypse has happened. So a lot of looting hasn't happened the players being the first survivors to do so.
Yeah I remember reading that now, cheers for the reminder.

The locations loot would have to be balanced quite well then, so that none of the locations are OP. If the truck stop had a constant supply of food and water, every time the server restarted, you wouldn't have to hunt to stay alive, or if the pawn shop/mil surplus store kept spawning weapons and ammo it'd make everything too easy, or increase PvP.

Thread starter #6

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Some nice ideas there, but I can see a few issues aswell -

Pawn Shop-
I think the inclusion of this building would depend on the map, as stated already it's going to be an island. A pawn shop would probably only be in a built up area(town/village) and even then it would probably be quite small.
Items found here, especially weapons would probably be poor quality/damaged(or possibly already looted).

Military Surplus Store-
Although the Devs say there will be no military grade weapons/items in the game, I could definitely see this (or a hunting supply store) being added. Would be ideal for camouflage clothing, thermals, (only perks would be warmth, harder to spot when out hunting), water bottles etc. But like the pawn shop, most if not all of the good stuff you'd expect to find there would have been looted already.

Truck Stops -
Can't really see these in game, combined fuel station/diner possibly, but not a full truck stop, islands would normally have most goods/supplies delivered by sea.

The only workaround I can think of is if there are severely damaged bridges, between each island/to the mainland, that could explain the need for a truck stop, as there could have been much more trucks going to and from the islands.

Hopefully we can get more replies on this to see what others think.

The truck stop was mainly an introduction to the idea of finding loot in semi's. A smaller diner would be perfectly acceptable. If they had maybe 2-3 upright semi's parked, and one maybe flipped over, it would be fine.