• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Vehicle interactability

Thread starter #1

Ser Lulz

Backer
Hello fellow survivors, first real post so here I go. :D

The first thing that really amazed me about this game what the ability to equip weapons to vehicles, add trailers and everything else. Looked around a bit but couldn't find they had come up anywhere before.

The first idea is from watching Zombieland where Tallahassee (Twinkie man) uses his door to hit a walker while driving away. Is there any chance of this being a way to hit zombies without it slowing down your vehicle.

Second question is will we be able to use a weapon inside the vehicle to remove cracked glass (from being shot up) and attack walkers if you use a car as shelter.

If anyone's played The Long Dark the way you can check the interiors of vehicles would be an immersive addition too. Glove box, center arm rest, etc... Be awesome to be cornered into a vehicle and find a loaded handgun in a compartment.

Thanks for reading, sorry of this has come up before or is in a video by chance.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
This is a good detailed post.

First idea, I think this is a good idea and one I have not seen on the forums suggestions. +1

Second idea, You may be able to either blow out the windows and shoot through them or remove them with a melee weapon (not confirmed but the way this game is going it does seem like it.

If you look at the RV videos how he walks around and searches the cabinets and coolers and so on. I believe there will be a way to search the RV such as the long dark has implemented (BTW I love that game) but not confirmed for small vehicles.

Thanks,

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Formal introduction:
Hey bud, nice to meet'ya and have a great time.

Back on topic:
Great idea about using the vehicle parts i.e doors to hit zeds when it's moving, being able to leave them open would be cool aswell for a quick escape from a moving vehicle also include being able to leave the doors open to use as cover when the vehicle is stationary.

+1

mavrick

Backer
Also I think what would be nice to see with vehicles is ability to put containers on them.
For example lets say you have a container in the house with your loot in there and you need to abandon the house, you can take that container and place it on the roof of a car or RV. Or even in the trunk or back seat.
I guess its kind of like in Star Citizen where you'll be able to load up ships with containers.
This will give ability for users to be mobile quicker if lets say their base is about to get raided.
thoughts?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Also I think what would be nice to see with vehicles is ability to put containers on them.
For example lets say you have a container in the house with your loot in there and you need to abandon the house, you can take that container and place it on the roof of a car or RV. Or even in the trunk or back seat.
I guess its kind of like in Star Citizen where you'll be able to load up ships with containers.
This will give ability for users to be mobile quicker if lets say their base is about to get raided.
thoughts?
I believe this will be possible, was a feature seen in the early concept vids... a container on the back of a willys jeep, at-least I think that was the plan with it... can't quite remember if it was place-able at the time.

Nice idea nonetheless... :)

And while I'm here... working window wipers to smear away blood, dirt and rain.