• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Vehicle physics

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Opening up a thread on vehicle physics which i hope grows in time. Lets get some mechanics debate going. Please feel free to add input @JB_ @André Kats @Jayty

It would be great if some of the developers could talk about how vehicle physics are being implemented, the limitations with unity if any and vehicle physics such as drift.

As the projects development progresses people can post here suggesting possible improvements, such as tweaks to steering acceleration based on different vehicles fuel consumption and so on.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
In the fullness of time, it would be great to see more customisation for vehicles in the game. But I think @a2z(Interactive); have more pressing things to work through right now.
Because I'm a bit of a petrol head, might we see additional pickups for turbos, superchargers, lift kits and nitrous? Yep, it's a bit 'Mad Max', or 'Fast and Furious'. There's so much more the team need to sort out right now, but anything that can make this game more unique has got to be good.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Im sure many things like engine upgrades are possible, at the base of it its just numbers. 'part name' alters the max speed and acceleration. All takes time to implement but i cant see why its not possible. Now what'd be cool is some real home made self crafted upgrades lol like something truely out of Mad Max. Or perhaps even crazyier stuff like capturing a zombie and chaining it to the front of the RV lol. Sort of like trophy's. Would double as part of a security system, albeit a twisted one.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I've got to like the way @DZS is thinking here. We've seen silencers become a creatable add ons for guns. What if we could save all the empty cans and use a workbench or repair bench to craft a better exhaust system for a vehicle?

I'm not sure I'd want a zombie chained to the front of anything was driving. Not only would it be difficult to program for the Dev.s, it would probably obstruct my vision. :)

Thread starter #5

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I've got to like the way @DZS is thinking here. We've seen silencers become a creatable add ons for guns. What if we could save all the empty cans and use a workbench or repair bench to craft a better exhaust system for a vehicle?

I'm not sure I'd want a zombie chained to the front of anything was driving. Not only would it be difficult to program for the Dev.s, it would probably obstruct my vision. :)
It makes sense, make junk into useful crafted vehicle components. In the apocalypse its much more realistic that's what people would be doing, or crafting new parts from smelted recycled junk ofc never as good as high production value commercially made. The parts crafted from junk would be far less efficient or work as well as high proc quality but they would work as a stop gap until those rare tasty high proc quality parts were found or traded for. They'd get your wheels rolling on steel.