• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Vehicle Storage and customization

Thread starter #1

Neko

I would really like to see vehicle storage like in dayz so you can transport stuff, Go on item runs and etc I really think this option would be good

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
@Hauger, you are supposed to sell it man!...

It's not just like DayZ's or any other you've seen before...
*pause for gasps of amazement*
Where pressing "I" next to the vehicle will bring up the vehicle inventory UI, no siree!... you'll have to access the storage unit you want to use by going inside the RV and using the action key on the unit you want.

Amazing :D

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
@Hauger, you are supposed to sell it man!...

It's not just like DayZ's or any other you've seen before...
*pause for gasps of amazement*
Where pressing "I" next to the vehicle will bring up the vehicle inventory UI, no siree!... you'll have to access the storage unit you want to use by going inside the RV and using the action key on the unit you want.

Amazing :D
From what I remember(This was an early concept so could've changed but I hope not) there is very limited storage in actual vehicles, so you can put things like glovebox items into the vehicle, while you can free place items in the vehicle itself or on a trailer hitch thing. Not sure if its changed, was in Frankie's video I remember

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
From what I remember(This was an early concept so could've changed but I hope not) there is very limited storage in actual vehicles, so you can put things like glovebox items into the vehicle, while you can free place items in the vehicle itself or on a trailer hitch thing. Not sure if its changed, was in Frankie's video I remember
The storage units in the RV are functional by access using the action key, it's confirmed ;)

Not saying the glove box, but the counters/worktops.

Moderator #6

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Free-placing items in a vehicle or trailer may not likely ever be a thing, as the physics would make stuff fly everywhere by the sounds of it. Using a spacial "attaching"/invisible grid system could essentially solve that if possible.

Except in trunks, I think it would be neat to throw stuff into the trunk of a car and close it, and bomb down a bumpy dirt road and see how jumbled it all gets. :D

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Free-placing items in a vehicle or trailer may not likely ever be a thing, as the physics would make stuff fly everywhere by the sounds of it. Using a spacial "attaching"/invisible grid system could essentially solve that if possible.

Except in trunks, I think it would be neat to throw stuff into the trunk of a car and close it, and bomb down a bumpy dirt road and see how jumbled it all gets. :D
That'd be great lol