• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Vehicles and stuff

Thread starter #1

ShadowPhoenix

Backer
Ok, so I have read that they dont want an overly military thing. I understand that, but, the military will have mover in at some point. If this is an american area, then the National Guard would have moved in. With that said, they dont have Tanks. (they do, but wouldnt have moved them onto an island like this) Humvees, cargo trucks, helicopters(UH-60/UH-1H((veitnam era huey)), some type of landing craft to move the items onto the island, and that would be about it. Normal gear would be something along the lines of M4s, M9s, most likely though rare M249, and maybe M14s. I know there is an AR-15 in game, but that is a civilian version of the M4/M16. Also, police have shotguns(12 Gauge), AR-15(SWAT Team for sure because I had them pointed at me once after being hacked and swatted) M9s/Sig Saures(sorry for misspelling), and rarely, very very rarely, a model similer to the M110 or M14. Cars for them are the patrol cars/suvs (depending on time peroid((looks like late 80s to me)), SWAT transport truck, and motorcycles. Other emergency items are Ambulances and firetrucks. Now, civilins will have likely reinforced their trucks (I know I would) with random stuff from sheet metal to, well, who knows what rednecks have laying around lol. Customizable cars would be nice.

With all of this said, I know I have covered like 2 catagories here, but I was unsure where to put this post honestly. With the military things, no mounted guns but maybe the turret armor(if peroid had it). Anyways I will make my peace here. Dont want a flame war or anything about this post. It is just some ideas for light and rare military vehicals. As for the weapons, the M14 could be added in since its been around since the veitnam war and is fairly common today like the AR-15. So my things would be the Humvee, M14, and customizable vehicles are kinda what I would want.

-ShadowPhoenix

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Ok, so I have read that they dont want an overly military thing. I understand that, but, the military will have mover in at some point. If this is an american area, then the National Guard would have moved in. With that said, they dont have Tanks. (they do, but wouldnt have moved them onto an island like this) Humvees, cargo trucks, helicopters(UH-60/UH-1H((veitnam era huey)), some type of landing craft to move the items onto the island, and that would be about it. Normal gear would be something along the lines of M4s, M9s, most likely though rare M249, and maybe M14s. I know there is an AR-15 in game, but that is a civilian version of the M4/M16. Also, police have shotguns(12 Gauge), AR-15(SWAT Team for sure because I had them pointed at me once after being hacked and swatted) M9s/Sig Saures(sorry for misspelling), and rarely, very very rarely, a model similer to the M110 or M14. Cars for them are the patrol cars/suvs (depending on time peroid((looks like late 80s to me)), SWAT transport truck, and motorcycles. Other emergency items are Ambulances and firetrucks. Now, civilins will have likely reinforced their trucks (I know I would) with random stuff from sheet metal to, well, who knows what rednecks have laying around lol. Customizable cars would be nice.

With all of this said, I know I have covered like 2 catagories here, but I was unsure where to put this post honestly. With the military things, no mounted guns but maybe the turret armor(if peroid had it). Anyways I will make my peace here. Dont want a flame war or anything about this post. It is just some ideas for light and rare military vehicals. As for the weapons, the M14 could be added in since its been around since the veitnam war and is fairly common today like the AR-15. So my things would be the Humvee, M14, and customizable vehicles are kinda what I would want.

-ShadowPhoenix
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the Devs are playing the lack of military presence off as they're trying to quarantine/contain the outbreak, not actually going on the island and investigating. So it's sort of like they have ships out at sea and aircraft in the air forming a blockade to prevent anyone from attempting to leave the island and spreading the outbreak to other parts of the world.

DrUmMiSt

Bug Squisher Extraordinaire
Backer
It would be a nice idea if once they are at the point where their concept for the island is complete and they think about expanding, maybe there is an offshore military ship that got caught up in bad weather or a zombie swam across and boarded it. That could bring 'hardened' zombies to the area around the shore area close to it or it would be a real mission to loot the ship without having it be the place where everyone must go to get military type loot like the airfield in DayZ. (I keep using DayZ as an example and other games may have similar mechanics but I have not played a lot of other survival zombie games being quite new to the genre)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Yeah both what @Montauk and @DrUmMiSt said have been discussed among other threads to some degree, if there was/is any military equipment to be found it would most likely be at a quarantine zone and possible future Islands/offshore ships...

Ideas for this stuff probably wont be shot down straight away but there would need to be a good enough reason to have certain things just because... Many other titles just throw high grade weapons/equipment in because it's easier to calm the masses (gamers) that way probably also an easy route for devs to take...

Just my thought...