• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Voice chat without having to use Radios

Thread starter #1

BryceKrispey

*Snap-Crackle-Pop*
Backer
So in the info talking about text-based and voice chat it stated,
"Text based chat will always be available voice based chat will only be possible if you have the right equipment.
- Two way radios will enable voice chat
- CB Radios reach a wider range"

But that kinda defeats some of the realism, right?

I believe that a V.O.N. (Voice over Net) should be integrated without the use of radios, but with obvious limitations. The main one being that you can only hear someone else's voice within a certain range, say 50 feet. They use this in many popular survival games such as RUST, DayZ, ect. It is an important tool especially when making first contact with random players ingame Being able to have this ability without having the need for radios will allow users to declare "friendly", give orders, hostage situation, ect. If possible the developers of STN should make it where if you speak to loudly over VON zombies will hear it if your to close. This will provide exciting experiences where team-building, stealth, and other scenarios may arise.

As for text based chat, in my experience it's good for communication when individuals are not near each other or have radios but this may also lead to Server-wide chat spamming, advertising, profanity, ect. So 3 possibilities to fix this would to either take it out completely, make it where there is only direct chat (Such as Arma/DayZ), or let the server owner choose in the server config how they want it.

In summary, Keep the Radios for long distance, it's a very awesome idea, but allow VON in short range and where it will attract zombies if you speak too loud. Also text based chat should have a configured setting for the server on whether it's global or direct.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
I think they should make it so that you can't speak unless you have a radio depending on how far you are, but if you are close enough you can talk without the use of a radio.

Survivor

Backer
You will be able to talk in close proximity chat without radios. Walkie talkies are for when your within a medium distance from each-other and CB radios are for long distance.
Well, there you go. My thoughts exactly.

dundeechief

Backer
I think the text chat should be maybe group based and within a certain distance anyone will see it. Sort of mimicking directional von.

Survivor

Backer
I think the text chat should be maybe group based and within a certain distance anyone will see it. Sort of mimicking directional von.
I don't know, what if you and your friend want to meet up and you can't text or chat with mic? Could make it a bit annoying to those who want to team up with their bud's in-game.

Truth

Backer
What i want to see are:

Walkie Talkies for two way communication
CB Radios with different Channels, so you can like tell everyone on the Server that you have Food and want to trade it for medicine or stuff like that.

So one guy on your team is always busy listening to the CB Radio. Haha

Davz Not Here

Backer
I don't know, what if you and your friend want to meet up and you can't text or chat with mic? Could make it a bit annoying to those who want to team up with their bud's in-game.
seems like that's how it would be in real life though .....

DarkFox

HoboGamer
Backer
I'm liking the idea of the VON without the radios and such, It would kind of be needed to play the game with some sort of realism