• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

VOIP Filter when using the radio

Thread starter #1

Hostail

Zombie Lover
Backer
So, I haven't seen any game who has done this yet, except for a few mods, but it would be awesome when using a radio in the game instead of hearing another person super-clear, it should sound like its actually going through a long-range radio.

For example:

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
hmm i dont know i kinda like more realism but also think this might just be better to save for a mod

Thread starter #3

Hostail

Zombie Lover
Backer
hmm i dont know i kinda like more realism but also think this might just be better to save for a mod
Honestly, it doesn't have to sound like the video i linked, I just want it not to be weird when you turn on your radio and hear people as if they were right next to you. Maybe more like a way to distinguish the sounds from the radio from other sources.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
i agree its odd but i wasnt saying no to your idea (im a dick sometimes but not that big of a dick even though i have one ;) ) but with something like that though having all the static in the real game running on your server and say you have 50 man server(not saying thats how big they are we have no idea on the sizes) and 30 of them are talking on the radio everyone is hearing that static and server is trying to process the noise slowing down the server. i was just saying maybe let it stay with a mod people can add later on for it if they want it in their server but its not up to me lol gotta let the devs decide im just voicing my thoughts

MrFireTen

Backer
Also having multiple frequencies that the player could switch through (after all it's a radio)!
I also don't think that it would have a huge effect on the server. However, if it do slow down the server for some reason then it shouldn't be there but for the most part it's not going to.

Fallen Angel

Backer
I don't think that implementing a voip option is usefull to this game and the devs would save up ressources to bring more important features to the game as well because if we are honest... everyone of us have TeamSpeak3, Ventrillo or Skype and we are already on one or two different servers the same time... Also hosting a own server is extremely cheap and communites could easily set up their own communication system within one day.

Of course it woul be a feature in game... especially if you find one of those radios which will lead you to a big community you could join into... or listen to their talkings to figure out their movements... but... is this feature worth the money and time of work if there are already so much voip choices?