• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Voting for 'Suggestions'

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Thread starter Moderator #1

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
Hopefully posting this in the correct section.

I'm seeing over 600(approx) suggestions so far for STN. Some I agree with, others not so much.

Would it be worthwhile making all new 'Suggestions' have a Yes/No Poll included?

Poll would be a simple Would you like to see this in the game?

The Devs could then focus on the suggestions that the majority of the community have backed.

I feel this would also increase the effort that forum users put into their suggestions, as they would want to make a good impession and put their ideas across in a more appealing manner.

As per usual feel free to hit me with constructive criticism and feedback!

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
hate the idea.

--

Just kidding. ok yeah it has merit, and to be honest, people should be posting their stuff with a poll - it would certainly help the devs and some of us that keep an interested eye on the suggestions thread.

The existing threads came about without much thought because people wanted their shit up ASAP.

I think going forward this should be added to the sticky for suggestions.

@JB_ @Jayty or @Strider could you maybe give this a think and see about adding a "if you make a suggestion, please use the *poll* feature to help users vote for your feature" or something like that.

If it is already in there, sorry, TL;DR?

:D

FPG

Thread starter Moderator #3

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
I have faith in the Dev team to add all that they can, and what they feel will add genuine value to the final game experience.

I also realise that not everyone has the same technical knowledge or creativity as some of the forum
users/backers (myself included, i'm thick as 2 short planks), but i'm confident we can build a strong community, where if an initial idea is rejected or lacking in substance other users could help bring the idea to a level where it could be integrated into the game at some point.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
And thats what myself, @M_Dawg, @Lt Snake X, @Lord Goose and @Toastmaster are here for :D

We give the best constructive crit.. And we all love the Outside Undies.

----

I nearly choked when you said thicker than 2 short planks! I call people that nearly everyday! Awesome to hear there are other people around the world that use it!

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
well idk how they would get it to force a player to make a poll but i know when i did my threads i didnt even notice the poll like he said i just wanted to post but i would have made one if i could go back to add one

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
well idk how they would get it to force a player to make a poll but i know when i did my threads i didnt even notice the poll like he said i just wanted to post but i would have made one if i could go back to add one
same here. although i did make a poll for Outside Undies.

Its easy. See. The moderators could do their jobs and ensure the posters abide by the rules. Its like the 5 billion new threads that are identical to the others just go unchecked and left to pollute the forum.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Which is what we have been doing lately.

I feel like i have slacked on my responsibility to the outside Undies.

Eh, i restarted the server. You guys should send me a message earlier next time.

I'll jump on ts for a minute. Some of us do need to work huh

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
The problem with your idea is that you want them to focus on certain things. When the point of suggestions is for them to see EVERYTHING. Good or bad.

Thread starter Moderator #10

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
A very valid point. The Devs are very busy peeps i'm sure though, was just brainstorming to try and streamline some of the process.

Not meaning to discourage anyone from suggesting anything, it's one of the reasons the forums are here and i'm sure the community will voice their opinions with regards to good/bad ideas regardless.

Moderator #14

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I personally think it's a good suggestion. I'd prefer to see a poll on all the suggestions from now on. It allows a clear view of what the community think and also give's the people the option to post some constructive criticism as well. Or just support!

Tally Ho!

Strider

Undercover Mod
Backer
The devs will go through the suggestions and find the "viable" and realistic ones.... I am sure at that point the community will get to vote upon these and devs will also pick some themselves.

IMHO I think it'd be great if the idea was taken a step further and in order for a suggestion thread to appear it'd have to pass a preliminary vote. Just way too many people post 3+ suggestions rapid fire, each one getting <10 views. It'd reduce clutter and allow for easier viewing if a suggestion had to pass a vote to be displayed under the category. Also, I'm moving this to the Suggestions cat and stickying it, more people ought to read this.

Applejaxc

Backer
The idea is interesting, but I think you would fall into the golden hour trap. Let's say you make a suggestion at 11 AM local time, and the forum reaches its normal peak users at 11:20 AM, before many new suggestions have pushed yours down the list. People read the first, say, 5 suggestion names, find yours interesting, and upvote. Then, at 11:40 AM, when the forum reaches its normal lowpoint of the day, Bob makes a suggestion. Bob's suggestion is so amazing, detailed, unique, and articulate that it would transform STN from apocalypse-survival to "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVAAAAR"

But your post got upvoted. Your suggestion to add rainbow colored fish becomes the focus of development while Bob's 1-of-a-kind ultra post goes permanently ignored.

All posts should have the same opportunity to fade into obscurity.

Thread starter Moderator #20

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
A bit extreme but I get your point @Applejaxc

There will be backer votes for suggestions at some point though, as stated on Kickstarter.