• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Voting for 'Suggestions'

Do you agree?

• Total voters

Applejaxc

Backer
There will be backer votes for suggestions at some point though, as stated on Kickstarter.
True, and I much prefer that to letting just *anyone* vote. (No offense, but if you haven't put your money where your mouth is-so to speak-you shouldn't be talking)

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Do you always have such an entitlement complex?

Most of the people on this forum are backers. Every single backer has a right to vote.

Players who are not backers might become backers after a time.

I have been watching you for days now and reserved comment as there is so much bs to call you out on.

If you have something constructive to add that doesnt come with an entitlement complex, then add it.

Otherwise keep this sort of post to yourself.

You do not make the call as to who gets to vote or not, and quite frankly i find your post distasteful and rather ignorant.

But i dont really expect much more than the above from a 16 year old.

** no offence to my good friends on the forum that happen to be equally as young (not nearly as ignorant) or younger.

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
True, and I much prefer that to letting just *anyone* vote. (No offense, but if you haven't put your money where your mouth is-so to speak-you shouldn't be talking)
You forget, everyone is entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not. Also just because someone hasn't 'backed' the game doesn't mean they cannot suggest an idea.

Let's say Bob (I'm sure you remember him, right?) has this wonderful idea that can make the game really good. As you previously posted but he wasn't a backer.... then what?! Does his input get ignored? from what you're typing here:
I much prefer that to letting just *anyone* vote. (No offense, but if you haven't put your money where your mouth is-so to speak-you shouldn't be talking)
sometimes you need to think about what you're posting before you actually post it...

Some people might not have a credit / debit card, some people may not be financially stable at this moment to pre-order the game. Some people just like to have an input into the game which is what the developers would like to see I expect. A COMMUNITY based game which allows everyone to have an input.

Rant over. Good bye.

Thread starter #25

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
The point in my initial post, was to allow the Devs to see the suggestions that the community would like to see added the most.
To help reduce duplicate ideas and for suggestors to put a bit more time into their posts. Reducing the amount of suggestions (good or bad), that the Devs have to trawl through, before making decisions on what will make it into the game.

As a community we should strive to make the whole experience ,from our initial interest in the game (whether a backer or not) to playing the game together, as enjoyable as possible.

I'm fairly active on the forums, as alot of other people are, i'm sure if Bobs game changing idea was posted somebody would see it and the community would hear about it. Bob himself could message the Devs or a Mod and get it noticed.

Thank to those of you who agree with me, and thanks to those of you who don't, we're keeping the discussion alive which means you're investing your time on these forums, and ultimately the game.

Applejaxc

Backer
I know the majority of people here are backers. I'm simply saying that I don't think people who are not backers should have the same entitlement to deciding the direction of the game as people who have already invested in the project, no different from shareholders in a company versus the influence of private citizens.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
this is not a company. this is a community made up of backers and future backers. they have as much say as we do!

I am by far more active on these forums and have far more experience in watching ideas develop "equally" than you do @Applejaxc so no, i dont think you have a valid point nor do i think you will ever have one.

The OP made a point the majority of community, that has viewed it, likes it.

So either you feel the need to post things because you think you know (but you dont) or you just want to cause a wave of negativity.

Please, i am asking you nicely, please consider what you are saying and how people will be affected by it when you are typing it.

You are most certainly entitled to an opinion, as am i. But you are blatantly negative, insensitive to other peoples cultures and the most ignorant poster i have have had the displeasure of reading.

Carry on mate, it will not end well for you.

Applejaxc

Backer
Um, no... until they actually become backers, they do not have the same privilege backers do. If they had the same amount of power, there would literally be no point to backing.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
You really dont have to add the -snip-

What privileges hmmm? i havent seen any besides the backer section anyway.

No one agrees with you here. Please just go away.

We dont need your entitled bulls**t thinking your s**t smells different to the people who havent backed. and i doubt you paid for it yourself anyway. You are too young to be remotely responsible and your responses show it.

Just leave everyone alone. i promise you, your input is not welcome nor wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter #31

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Um, no... until they actually become backers, they do not have the same privilege backers do. If they had the same amount of power, there would literally be no point to backing.
There are clearly 2 Suggestion sections in the forums, 1 in the main section, and 1 in the backers section, so non backers can suggest what they'd like to see in the game. This has been done by the Devs/Mods, are you saying they are wrong for giving everyone the opportunity to contribute? (More input will hopefully add rather than detract from the game experience).

What about Bob(as @Lord Goose) stated earlier wasn't a backer but had a game changing idea? Would you be annoyed about that?

Finally, 'Power'!?!? What power, the power to back a game, to make suggestions, to stress test and get access to early builds? Thats not power, power is in the hands of the Devs, they could bin Bobs idea from the game (regardless of how mind blowing it may be) if it didn't fit in with their vision of the game or wasn't technically viable, or they could add it to the game even if the whole community voted it down. What we have is a fantastic opportunity to help shape something that we and countless others can enjoy for years to come, it's a privilege, and I certainly feel glad that i'm part of the process(even if i do talk a load of bollox).

Relax, have some tea and crumpets, if you'd like to continue this debate, please feel free to PM me or meet me in Chat. This page is going a bit daft.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Exactly!!

Its not a power @Applejaxc, its a privilege.

@strategos2411 I am starting to think this kid is a waste of time. He is clearly ignorant and has such a fat head on him, we wont get through even if we tried.

I like your suggestion, and so do most of my buddies. In fact your idea has a high YES vote, so well done mate.

Leave the little s**t to his ramblings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
I think everyone should be able to vote, atleast on certain things. Just because they havn't backed the game doesn't mean they don't care as much as anyone else or will not eventually provide support.

Thread starter #37

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
It defies the point of backing the game on Kickstarter, as voting for game features was one of the priveleges for anybody who backed the game at any of the pledge levels.

Striders response should be the last word on this for now, unless the Devs change the info at any time.

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
It defies the point of backing the game on Kickstarter, as voting for game features was one of the priveleges for anybody who backed the game at any of the pledge levels.

Striders response should be the last word on this for now, unless the Devs change the info at any time.
Fair enough, atleast I get to vote.

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
Oh some type of alert or email should be sent when something is being voted on please!