• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Watches

Thread starter #1

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
This would mainly be an aesthetic suggestion, but since the whole game is first person why not slap a watch on your wrist or mind the something you can find. It could be helpful if we have longer day-night cycles. Especially if you're stuck inside a shelter with all windows boarded up and you'd like to know when it's safe to come out, anyone that has played minecraft and dug themselves into the ground can attest to that

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I agree, with this game being about surviving the nights it would be great to know when night is coming upon you (or the sun). I want it to be like you look down at your wrist so you see your arm and the watch instead of like an ARMA system where it just pops up on your screen. Adding watches could also add to crafting in that you could craft timed traps/ explosives or even have you lights automatically come on at night (like a daylight sensor.)

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i love the idea of having a watch so i dont need a compass to find what way im going

Smacks

Backer
This would mainly be an aesthetic suggestion, but since the whole game is first person why not slap a watch on your wrist or mind the something you can find. It could be helpful if we have longer day-night cycles. Especially if you're stuck inside a shelter with all windows boarded up and you'd like to know when it's safe to come out, anyone that has played minecraft and dug themselves into the ground can attest to that
Its a great idea. If you could read the watch as well.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Watches would be cool maybe you customize the Look of your personal watch idk just a thought

Oshawott

Pokemon
Backer
Add my watch.

watch.jpg

Joshua Leonard

Destroyer of Worlds
Backer
I like this idea.

Would be good if you could set an alarm on them, especially if you've traveled a long distance from your base, so you could set the alarm to let you know when to start heading back before it gets too dark.
that would be very cool

LiterallyCamperGoSTN

Peace soldier in undead times.
Agree with with the alarm. But let the watches be like cars, you can regularily find them, but most need to be fixed, either missing counter, time stick, broken glass, etc. If we find watches perfectly working everywhere it's going to be weird. +1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
OP's idea I like and alot of other suggested one's... also careful where you are when the alarm goes off, don't want anyone/anything too hear you ;)

Joshua Leonard

Destroyer of Worlds
Backer
Agree with with the alarm. But let the watches be like cars, you can regularily find them, but most need to be fixed, either missing counter, time stick, broken glass, etc. If we find watches perfectly working everywhere it's going to be weird. +1
well how many people are really going to fix a broken watch? the watch would have to difficult to find to go though the hassle of fixing it.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
After having test this out and get a feel for the day/night, light/dark I think this is a better idea than I originally guessed... setting the alarm for before it gets dark will be a must.

Moderator #19

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
After having test this out and get a feel for the day/night, light/dark I think this is a better idea than I originally guessed... setting the alarm for before it gets dark will be a must.
I think so too.

Especially if server day/night cycle times can be tweaked.

Premierscaler

Backer
I like the watch idea. It would be great to make sure you go back to base before dark or to meet up with team mates at a specific time.
I also think it should need to be fixed. Not every watch should be perfecly working when you find them.