• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Watches

peterpiper007

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Backer
Though an added effort for the devs, a custom 'checking your watch' animation where the pc looks at his/her wrist would be awesome!

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I think it could also be used as a close-proximity distraction. Say you're between some vehicles or behind a wall and you know some zombies are nearby. Set the alarm a minute or so ahead and chuck it away. The thought is to draw away the nearby zombies so you can get to where you want to go or escape. It would be loud enough to attract zombies nearby, but not loud enough to draw more zombies to your area (like say a gunshot).

It would be great to see a smartwatch instead of the book for things such as your calories, food and all that status stuff.. You press the button, your character moves his arm into view where you can see the watch, then it zooms in on it slightly..

Calories
Hunger
Hydration
Sanity
Overall Health & Heart rate

Gets rid of that ugly diagram and adds a uniqueness to your game ( plus since smartwatches have all that junk nowadays anyways wouldn't hurt :p )

The smartwatch is of course, solar powered and gets its energy from being out in the sun which is indeed a real thing:)

Last edited:

Guido Groen

Backer
It's actually a cewl idea to be honest. Plenty of sportswatches that do that...they have GPS as well...the possibilities are endless

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea of using it for a quick reference on some basic info i.e heart rate, maybe dehydration state and oxygen level etc (they do that, right?)... but nothing to replace your stat screen like the fallout pip-boy, I honestly like the Journal/Notebook that they are running with now... but still something like this would be good to check without needing to stop, much like the wristwatch in the "Metro" games where it's visible while holding a weapon/item...

So in short, Yes I like it and there is a use for it... but not to replace the current Journal :D

lovebus

Backer
Given that the day/night/year cycle is going to be SO important, finding an item that can give you an accurate date and time is going to be critical to long term survival. I fucking love this idea. TBH the time and date get me more excited than the map does.

Moderator #29

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
+1 completely support this idea.

I'd rather not see a GPS as part of the watch... MAYBE as a separate item altogether that requires batteries and such.

Would like to see a very basic watch myself, that just tells time.

lovebus

Backer
I think I could stand to see a gps feature on the watch if it is a more rare tier 2 version of the watch. Almost all digital watches have a calendar function. GPS is a much more high-end feature, although not unheard of.

I like idea of a watch that only tells time. Maybe a self-winding analogue watch. It could even have a cracked crystal to show that it is a crappy and inferior watch.

Last edited:

Kenton

Just seems like a common sense item to have, since there is no way to check the time in-game (as far as i'm aware)

Could just be an item that unlocks a hotkey like the map, so when you press T or something it'll bring up your wrist and show the time.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Tis a good idea, currently the only way that ive seen to check how long till sundown is watching the position of the sun in the sky.