• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Water Tower

Thread starter #1

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
More of a miscellaneous building suggestion in case you run out of idea's and want to add something to the barren wasteland of the island. They could be used to get vantage points and a view of your surroundings. Along with being a marker to locate where you're at. Not to mention a small refuge from most zombies as I doubt they would possess the ability to climb. They come in a variety of different sizes and shapes so you have room to customize.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Water towers are very abundant on islands! A must in the game and a very good resource!

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah really good idea, what they could also do is have random water towers that are empty and can be used as shelters. Here is a water tower that has actually been turned into a home.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea and all above said, would make a nice POI for groups to control.

Brody

SHit YEA! I just got done watching mad max at the cinemas and im really feeling it for makeshift buildings and vehicles now. I like the 2nd water tower pic the most. I think if there was a ladder up and a skinny walkway round the top and a crudely cut doorway in the side of the water holding drum bit at the top that would be sick

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
@Davz Not Here

Water towers are in game as confirmed in the latest update. I think a good mod to this would be to have the ability to adapt the tower to a catch system to re-fill the tower if it ever runs out.

Davz Not Here

Backer

LOL i was just getting ready to tag you @NothingsTRUE

..... THREAD HIJACK .....

from http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/fire-alarms-and-sprinklers.3993/page-2#post-41302

so ..... taking these water towers, making them ..... not fortified ..... but tweaked and re-purposed .....

we think a player (or group) should be able to DIY modify these into rain collectors ..... where they still function as water towers to support a larger community of fortified buildings .....

and of coarse ..... as sniper positions as an added bonus .....

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
In my batman voice... We could poison the water supply!!! Duhn Duhn Duuuhhhnnnn. Serious though we could find some chemical or massive amounts of gasoline and no one would be able to drink the water from any faucet.

Davz Not Here

Backer
In my batman voice... We could poison the water supply!!! Duhn Duhn Duuuhhhnnnn. Serious though we could find some chemical or massive amounts of gasoline and no one would be able to drink the water from any faucet.
does this shy into the 'mentality system' ..... how DOES mass murder affect one ..... that is for another (like 30 threads) topic ..... marked here for posterity .....

but yes it would add an interesting dynamic to any and all PvP ..... with all resources ..... actually, depending on their spread

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
does this shy into the 'mentality system' ..... how DOES mass murder affect one ..... that is for another (like 30 threads) topic ..... marked here for posterity .....

but yes it would add an interesting dynamic to any and all PvP ..... with all resources ..... actually, depending on their spread
Maybe they don't die but they get really sick and (if its gasoline) they just need to dilute it by drinking a lot of water (not from the tap of course). Or other chemicals just eat charcoal tabs and they are fine after a few days.

Davz Not Here

Backer
Maybe they don't die but they get really sick and (if its gasoline) they just need to dilute it by drinking a lot of water (not from the tap of course). Or other chemicals just eat charcoal tabs and they are fine after a few days.
fair enough ..... guess a new thread ..... back on track

so refurbished gutters
some pipe
some sheet metal around the edges (like flower petals or leaves to gather more water)
some welding gear
some assorted tools
skill (?)

now your gravity well water tower is also a rain collector ..... GO!