• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Way to obtain weapons

Should you be able to obtain weapons from a zombie public service worker when you kill them

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Ice

Safe Haven Army Leader
Backer
Depending on the class of a civil service worker like a police officer you should be able to get there gun if they are a zombie when you kill them so lets say i killed a zombie police officer I should be able to get the gun but not with much ammo.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Welcome to the Forums! The chances are they would have been using their weapons when they died, So it wouldn't be in their holster where you could loot it. Although in some cases I could see that being true, but I think that would make it too easy to find guns. Thanks for Posting, hope to see you post in the future.

BattleToad

Backer
I think it would be suitable to find them, but obviously there wouldn't be very many of the zombies roaming around as they don't make up a huge percentage of the population. This keeps it balanced in the sense that they wouldn't be too easy to find.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I think it's possible but like Cp55 said not every police zombie would have one, it might even out if it was rare to find one on a zombie and like you said it would have very low ammo like 0-1. The police zombie could also be holding a baton if they ran out of ammo, it would also be interesting to see a undead fire fighter with a axe but that should be rare to.

Oshawott

Pokemon
Backer
Maybe zombie construction workers could have hammers or screwdrivers on them.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Maybe zombie construction workers could have hammers or screwdrivers on them.
That could work you could get some good tool's from rare construction zombies like nailgun's heavy hammer's and they would have safety helmets as well so it would be difficult to get a headshot.

They could have lumberjack zombies as well with most of the weapons I posted in my Forest of the Dead thread, also I have seen a post for rare zombies that would be stronger then others what about a lumberjack zombie with a Chainsaw. He could strike out with the chain saw when close and would randomly pull the start cord activating the chainsaw. The outbreak is just supposed to have happened so the chainsaws should still have fuel in them, and a lumberjack zombie should have enough muscle memory to pull the cord without meaning to. Prehaps the chainzaw zombie could have a heavy safety helmet to give it some protection. Lumberjacks also wear light kevlar safety clothing like chap's, so the chainsaw zombie could be covered in safety gear giving it protection and making it harder to kill.
http://www.wesspur.com/images/treegear/saf402-500.gif
https://www.treestuff.com/store/images/products/large/1377.jpg

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Safety helmets wont stop a copper-jacketed piece of lead moving at 400-1000m/s
I wasn't talking about gun's I was thinking melee weapons, your right a safety helmet probably wont stop a bullet. Do you think it might deflect or slow a pistol round down enough to not kill the zombie, also what about a buck or bird shot blast not upclose but from a distance. I am mainly just trying to think of ways to make it a bit more durable then the average zombie but like I said I was mostly thinking about melee.

I was writing a larger idea for the chainsaw lumberjack zombie I just thought of something that could be combined with the safety helmet. He is a logger so he is bound to have injuries and they could have been from before lumberjacking but what about a steel plate in his head. I don't know how thick they typically are but it might make a small diffrence for small caliber rounds what do you think.

Edit: Just read most current plates are made with titanium.

Last edited:
Thread starter #10

Ice

Safe Haven Army Leader
Backer
but they wont always have a gun or weapon because they where using it so there should be a 50-50 chance

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I would like to see ammo on zombies. Lets be honest the majority of the time if you are carrying spare ammo, its not gonna be in your back pack, too much work. It'll be in your pockets. Weapons on zombies is to unrealistic.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
@Crazypineapple55 @TheDwemerComrade

I think there could be a 5 percent chance to find holstered weapons on police zombies. If zombies are attacking and you have to fight them you don't go all Rambo with a knife and pistol. No you go to the riot gear locker grab a 12 gauge or AR leaving the pistol holstered.

@Oshawott
Melee weapons such as hammers, saws and screwdrivers for construction zombies are a good idea. It would have to be a zombie with a tool belt and be like a 10 percent chance there is something in there.

FuzioN

Backer
i agree finding things should be a higher possiblity dependant on what they where, but it should not make it 100% lets say droprate on a normal zombie would be 1% chance if you kill a police its maybe a roll dice of 10% and how much ammo it rolls on 5 bullets to two magazines, and rolls it.

This also should be concidered that they cannot be easymode farmable, either and depends on the danger of zombies in the final or far into the product when AI have been settled in the game.

Where how much value is a pistol?

How much value is 1 mag or 1 bullet?

this depends complete on the threat of zombies, and how easy are zombies to kill with a melee weapon?

Most games mp survival or not most all of them i can solo zombies with melee weapons without taking any damage at all.

sure you can go the road and say well other players can kill you, well thats true but that can also happend in every other circumstance, and the reason im stating the far above is, inflation of ammo and weapons, i dont want weapons or ranged weapons to be to rare, lets face it ppl will get it sooner than later.

But you should never create a "farm spot" loot should be unreliable, or have a tradeof you can go there but it should be dangerous, not players the zombies/mutated ones.

Most players are afraid of other players in all other survivalgames, with zombies, becuse the ai is bad and they are walking bots, that you can kite around and kill way to easy.

Make zombies dangeorus and diffrent mutations and it will counter two flies in one swing, one is farming a spot safe 24/7.

two creating an incentive to coop with other players, but you are not forced to, but it gives an incentive to players to just met to co-op.

Instead of killing the other player is almost 99.9% of the time the easiest safest and most rewarding option.

thats why dangerous Zed:s is important, do what other games have not done, do better what they have failed at, that is create a good AI, and maybe mutated more dangeorus zombies in some areas.

When it gets implemented and if is up to devs, but we all know what dayz,warz/infestation,h1z1, and the list goes on fails at and that is the ai of zombies and the zombies in the game is horrible and not dangerous at all, when you can solo 100 zombies without taking any damage or not being afraid of dying by them.

you are like terminator against them.
But other players will its terminator vs terminator :)