• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Weapon "EXP"/proficiency?

Would You like to see this?

• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only for Guns.

• Yes but only for Melee.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

Kootrasman

Cat King
Backer
Maybe you should add some sort of "EXP" for weapons, I.e. the more you fire a gun the more proficient you are with it. so if you use for example a Mosin Nagant ALOT then after a while you would start reloading it faster, and Bolting it faster. perhaps have less kick on it? or with a Melee weapon the more you use it the faster you hit with it and the less it degrades/breaks (assuming you add a degrading weapon system) and perhaps the more damage it does? I would like this, and I don't think it's "unrealistic" in any way because I own guns, and "Melee" weapons IRL, and after a while I can reload/bolt my guns faster and I can control the recoil with them easier. and I own a Katana, Battleaxe and some daggers IRL. also 2 bows and a crossbow, and I can hit harder and faster with my "Melee" weapons.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I rather like the idea, it's relatively realistic. With firearms the more you handle and use a particular gun the more familiar you become with it. Things like reloading become muscle memory. The various muscles in your arms, shoulders, etc. develop a little as you use a particular gun as well and become accustom to the weapon's weight, kick, etc., offering better control.

Same thing with melee weapons for the most part. The more you use one, the more you learn how to and how not to use it, the more your muscles adapt to using a particular melee weapon, etc. I say yes.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I'm fairly certain this will be added, or something very similar, check the attached pic, it's info from the Kickstarter campaign :)
That was kinda my thought as well, +1!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Like anything you do... the more you do, it becomes second nature. The only thing that I don't see making sense would be it effecting the weapons degradability... at first it sounds right, but if your faster and harder at swinging a melee weapon the weapon would wear out quicker... weapon degrading system, now that is another topic :p

But besides that, the general idea of getting better at things through repeated practice/use makes sense and if/when traits/career skills are added would impact this also, as some people are not the brightest of bulb's, clumsy and some seem to have a natural talent for things :D