• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Weapon Quality as a Stat

Thread starter #1

Vegalyp

Schizophrenic Wooden Plank
Backer
Had a difficult time deciding whether to post this here or in the gameplay section, but I think it makes more sense here. What if there were different qualities of the same gun? (Taking a procedural, Diablo-esque system for weapons). We may both have a Kar-98k, but yours may be of a higher quality. Essentially, there are 5 tiers of the weapon: Rusted, Run-down, Clean, Exquisite, and Immaculate (Or other terms). This would promote exploration even at end game. Stat wise, the only things I would wish be changed based upon the tier is reload speed, frequency with which jamming occurs, and fire rate. Damage should be unchanged regardless in order to prevent lower tiers from becoming useless. But effective DPM is higher for the better quality weapons.

Just a thought.

Moderator #2

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I like this, would you have the possibility of maintaining the weapon causing the grade to increase if you had the right equipment to do so?

Tally Ho!

Thread starter #3

Vegalyp

Backer
Yeah, I think that would be a fair idea as well. But items that could potentially increase the quality should in my opinion be uncommon or rare. But yeah, I do like that idea.

Dregonoid

Nowhere to bike :(
Backer
How do you think weapons should degrade? By using them or just carrying them around, exposing them to the elements?

Thread starter #5

Vegalyp

Backer
Well, if weapon cleaning is implemented, then never doing that could cause it to degrade. My main point though was that weapons you find would have the quality calculated. So, I find a Kar98k in a shed, but unfortunately it is Run-down in quality. In a nice two-story house, it has a higher chance to be Clean or Exquisite so I would go there and more likely find an Exquisite quality Kar98k. If I didn't take care of it, then it could degrade. And if I take care of it AND use certain (Rare) consumables then it would go up.

Edit: A consumable that can upgrade gun quality was suggested, and I think that should be 'Aftermarket Parts'. Aftermarket parts could be rarely found in gun stores.

Last edited: