• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Weight - items

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
I actually have always loved the idea of weight. I have played DayZ for years now, and it has always bugged me that players can carry 50+ pounds of gear and walk like a normal person.

To carry so much gear and maintain a pace that is constant would take weeks, even months of rigorous training to do. You would have to be physically formed and toned for the stress it would put on your muscles, and you would have constant joint/muscle pains in your back and shoulders.

The whole concept of weight should definitely be implemented so we do not have, well, on-foot trading caravans or gear hoarders. It would give incentive to bundle down in a house, which is something that players should be nudged to do.

Regards, Blender

Jeffernaut

Backer
I actually have always loved the idea of weight. I have played DayZ for years now, and it has always bugged me that players can carry 50+ pounds of gear and walk like a normal person.

To carry so much gear and maintain a pace that is constant would take weeks, even months of rigorous training to do. You would have to be physically formed and toned for the stress it would put on your muscles, and you would have constant joint/muscle pains in your back and shoulders.

The whole concept of weight should definitely be implemented so we do not have, well, on-foot trading caravans or gear hoarders. It would give incentive to bundle down in a house, which is something that players should be nudged to do.

Regards, Blender
I have the same feeling of weighted items in DayZ.

FuzioN

Backer
i like wieght however you dont need to make it to complicated, some ppl want to wander alot and have no home that they live in, making it to punishing, punishes this kind of playstyle by a lot imo.

but one thing that should be, there should be diffrent backpacks.

good backpacks allows you to have two primary rifles.

one hanging on the backpack and one in your arm or shoulder.

ammo should requier home made or found ammo belt to carry much ammo.

pistol handshotguns and such should not have much restrictions but have them.

same goes for melee weapons very large melee weapons should be limited to one. becuse they are mostly more heavy than rifles.

Throwing knives should be easy to stack and carry many off however just like ammo belt knife belt on the legg and such should be requiered to carry a higher amount of knives to throw.

this is nothing i feel should be priotized thou, but somthing you might want in later builds.

Davz Not Here

Backer
great rough layout FuzioN

you'd be surprised what the avg. person can carry ..... when i was 14 i carried an 80lbs pack from central PA to the border of SC / Georgia hiking the AT

ages 19-24 i spent mostly hitch-hiking the country with a stuffed military duffel bag, and my dog ..... usually it wasn't a big issue i did it for almost 5 years ..... but when i was 22/23 it was summer and i was stuck in the midwest ..... no rides ..... 100+ degrees ..... hot asphalt, hot wind, 8+ hours of walking before i got a ride ..... rationing 1x 2-liter of water between me and my dog ..... that bag got HEAVY FAST ..... and a few times i considered ditching everything but the dog and water

Davz Not Here

Backer
on another point, regarding carry space

what about pockets on clothing? ..... always, every game it's what you have in 'your pack' ..... can i please use my pockets?

i love the pockets on my cargo pants and they get used

Jeffernaut

Backer
on another point, regarding carry space

what about pockets on clothing? ..... always, every game it's what you have in 'your pack' ..... can i please use my pockets?

i love the pockets on my cargo pants and they get used
you should search to see if some one hasn't already made that thread
and if not make one :)

Davz Not Here

Backer
you should search to see if some one hasn't already made that thread
and if not make one :)
yeah i knew this was going off topic ..... just had it to get it written down somewhere, however remotely relevant.