• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Welding

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Sounds like a good idea, only question is what could you weld? Maybe some houses the pipe system for water and toilets would be broken and you would have to go under the house and fix the pipe with a welder.

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
You could always weld something to something, like two pieces of metal plates into one long that can fit over a window?

Moderator #5

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I mentioned this a few times in the Steam discussions... Welding those steel corrugated panels onto vehicles. Anything in game that could be attached metal to metal could require a welder if needed. Many options here, I like welders, cutting torches, those types of things... as I seen torches in the concept video where the player was checking/hiding out and fixing up the RV in the gas station... there is a set of cutting torches, so it may be in game already.

Afitz200

Alpha Backer!
Backer
10/10 would love to weld again.
Welding could be useful, it needs to be hard to acquire. because you need to keep your welder maintained and keep it running. You need the material for the welder too.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Like weld two pipes together and put blades at the end of each one.. Then do some ninja stuff.

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
But would it be freehand welding, or prefixed welds?
Like, if you want to apply metal plates to the car, then you can weld the plates on in different angles? it would safe time and anger if it was prefixed places for the plates, i would say

Thread starter #12

ZomDawg

Friend of Zombies
Backer
But would it be freehand welding, or prefixed welds?
Like, if you want to apply metal plates to the car, then you can weld the plates on in different angles? it would safe time and anger if it was prefixed places for the plates, i would say
It would be interesting to somehow implement a weld system that's as accurate as you can move the cursor. That way if you're fast about it your welds won't be as good as if you take your time. Could be a time sink, but wouldn't you feel accomplished once you finished your custom armored vehicle?!

Grynn Reaper

Embrace the weirdness - Grynn
Backer
This could also serve as a basis for creating custom vehicles and shelters, like welding one of those shipping containers to a flatbed then cutting out windows and a door, then you can use the metal plates you cut out for other things. But I also think that it should be preset, doing any of this stuff freehand would take a lot of coding and system resources and severely limit the player base to high end machine owners (like meself).

Zero33

Backer
He, let's build an highly armored truck with super cool zombie killing stuff around it like we've seen in a few zombie movies (Dawn of the Dead for example)! :D I like the idea to build some custome stuff with welding :D

Moderator #19

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Every piece of steel I could find I would continually weld onto 1 vehicle, until it was the most armored, heaviest thing on the planet. ;)

Billyhz

Has no avatar, get the fu(dge) over it.
Backer
Not sure if already mentioned cuz I skipped a lot of replies but why not weld 2 guns of any kind, a stable pipe and a plate to balance or attach/weld it onto something to make a turret?