• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Wells and sources for drinking water

Thread starter #1

Hurricane

A Shadow in the Dark
Backer
I haven't found something like this in the forum. Put a link if I'm wrong ;)

Drinking water is very important for survival. Collecting rain was already discussed. This is about natural springs and artificial wells.

Natural springs (I hope i translated it correctly):

A natural source of water. It comes up from the groundwater with a bit of pressure.
Pretty selfexplaining i think.

Artificial Wells:

These Wells are independent from the normal watersupply and mostly remains from older days. More modern wells have electrical pumps. Often found in remote areas and in agriculture.

Emergency Wells:

In Germany we have "Emergency Wells". These were originally built during the cold war to maintain the water supply in case of an attack. Nowadays they are used in emergency situations like floods. Most of the locations are secret. Most of the wells use elctrical pumps and are activated by mobile generators.

Water Quality: Especially the water from an emergeny well is very clean with very few bacteria. Natural springs have a good quality too.
The quality in wells like on picture 2 is varying but not that good like in the other 2 cases. In all cases it would be safest to use chlorine tablets for water desinfection.

Tactical value ingame: Good quality water sources are high value locations! A group may secure a well and "Sell" drinking water to other survivors in exchange for other valuable goods.
Or they give it away for free like a good samaritan.
But they definately need to be defended.

PS: if you find mistakes you can keep them! :p :p

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Mabye some farms have old fashions wells you can pull up dirty water from and clean it by boiling it.
Yep +1. Many older wells need to be shock treated every few years for parasites and what not. Just because it's a well doesn't mean it's good water.

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
+1

Edit:
well my apoilogies kpmh must've missed or forgotten that one as i HAVE read the rules
my reason for the plus one
given the prior statements i find that as they stand now i very much agree with the people here and have nothing to add to the convo

P.S. if you can let me know why people seem to find that i'm some kind of idiot please do let me know in a more private conversation via messaging mkay

Last edited: