• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

what about lore for the outside world?

what do you think

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

iiBqntZ

no one reads these anymore
Backer
like during the events on black island what has happened with the united nations or has the president stopped evacuation for black island which resulted in his assassination
has martial law gone into effect for Canada
have their been outbreaks elsewhere

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I've voted 'NO' for outside world lore. Here's why:
In an early conversation with @JB_ and in an early 'lore' post, I was asked to keep that type of geographical and time sensitive information out of any posts.
So I've stayed away of any sort of information about dates or the outside world. I think it adds to the intrigue of the game.
I think it adds to the game. Conspiracy theorists will run wild with the ideas this can bring.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
If any lore is to be created, it could be when we get to that point.... as for now any "outside world" knowledge of places would be pointless, and some may never come true.

So no for now but no harm in the future.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
And keep in mind Black Island will be getting bigger as Early Access goes on, if you look south on the map and keep dragging downwards, you can see "Future Content". Same thing if you go North.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I don't think any off island transport (Even to the old prison Island) will be available on the alpha version. I hope we'll see this made available later on as the game develops.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I mean with both the RV and Houseboat with the 3d models and textures already done, all they really have to do is setup the spawning, no? I feel like we might see em soon.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I would like to see the houseboat (I think the RV will be in the alpha release anyway). But it's inclusion may require a lot of background coding. Let's face it, the Dev team are fighting a battle against us players! They've done all the hard work that nobody appreciates. The game is polished and ready for release. They've been though far too many testing phases. Time to 'open the flood gates'. I guarantee you all, within less than 5 minutes of the official release, at least one of us players will do something 'unexpected' and encounter an error in the game no one could have predicted!

Anyway, back to the houseboat ...
If we think of it as a waterborne RV, then the initial implementation shouldn't be too hard. But as per my little rant above, then us players get our hands on it. Suddenly we're going to be testing it to the full. Now we're going to want to go to sea in it, try and escape the island ... Map expansion, geofencing? Something will need to be put in place. And whatever the solution, it's more work for the Devs.