1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the 3 biggest game breaking bugs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FallenEmber, Jan 20, 2018.

1. FallenEmber

FallenEmber Well-Known Member Backer

Nov 27, 2016
    What do you consider to be the 3 biggest game breaking bugs? Let's limit this to bugs that require a restart, a reconnect, or cause a crash to desktop. Here are mine:

#1 Combination Locks
    They take forever to loot together, then they bug after the first use, requiring you to find a bed and reconnect in order to be able to lock or unlock it again. One time, it took me 5 reconnects to break myself out of my loot room which had 2 locks on the door.

#2 Getting Stuck In A Wall
    Things are going great, you just found a 81% durability sniper rifle and enough .308 to choke a donkey. You're walking out of Union Point Power's side door and *zip* you teleport into the wall next to it while your buddy points and laughs at you. You then reconnect and spend an entire game day reconnecting until the server decides to spawn you in somewhere near your base and then you run like hell there as the moon is coming out.

#3 Crafting
    You gathered 6 logs, the moon has come out and now it's time to start crafting 30 firewood. Add a log, select Firewood (Wood Axe) and hit the start button. 5 seconds pass, crafting fails. Repeat 4 times before realizing the house you're in doesn't have a bed so you can't reconnect, but the house across the street with 5 zombies surrounding it does. You curl up in a ball and cry yourself to sleep.

KS_Salem and JB_ like this.
  2. RaakaKarju

RaakaKarju Active Member Backer

Oct 14, 2017
    That number 2 get in my list get number 1.

So often happens and too often situation when you are going in house to night time, have collect food and firewood on some house roof and you going to cook food just before night and you stuck on wall and needs to relogged to game and only to see you are other side of island. And when you actually reached back you have kose 1 overall health and somebody have took all your food and firewood.
    Probaply same bug when you sometimes get throwed back and sometimes many times on row, day time no big problem but in nidhts when you have few zed chasing you and you get throwed back in zeds hands couple time and allmost die for that reason.

3. Who's This Pleb

Who's This Pleb Future Ophthalmologist Backer

Sep 29, 2017
    This is a good thread, and I agree with a point OP made in #2. A lot of times, when I respawn into a world, I will be sometimes quite far from where I logged out at. So that's #1 for me.

#2 would be that I can't store anything in containers because of the respawn issue, but even when I do go back to the same place, my items will be gone...or if I do spawn in at the bed, all of the furniture is gone! I see this is a fix in the next patch, but hasn't been released yet or whatever but this is one of the biggest issues for me as of now.

#3 is that nearly everything I find has <10% condition, with about 1/3 of my tools and misc. items having a condition of 0% when I find them. Doesn't seem quite right to me...I did however find a 97% sniper so that was cool, but my current highest % tool is 8% lol.

I'm definitely not mad, I still really enjoy the game! I'm also sure these issues will be addressed in due time :)

4. RaakaKarju

Oct 14, 2017
    That jumping is only bug whats actually makes playing difficult sometimes, other bugs is more or less just annoying but those you can anticipate and thats why easy to avoid.

Once that jumpping make suicide difficult try to jump on cliff but keep jumpped back where i jump to down ;)

5. FallenEmber

Nov 27, 2016
    #2 has happened to me 3 times in my 60 hours of playing. That's once every 20 hours. Not as bad as it could be, lol.

6. RaakaKarju

Oct 14, 2017
    Best for me atleast 3 times in 1 game day, and 1 time i fly thru walls only problem was i'm in 2nd and 3rd floor just running in houses to loot those fast before night.

7. FallenEmber

Nov 27, 2016
    One time I was locked in a bedroom, so I had to use something like 90-100 9mm rounds to break the locks, lol. I was pissed.

8. KS_Salem

KS_Salem Member Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    The No.#2 Glitching through walls when running, happend to me too. as well as on staircases as on the big buildings in union point.
    I had the feeling it was a Framedrop, but the characters position was calculated correctly, just the render couldn't catch up, so Run - Lag - Being through the closed door inside the building.

No.#1 and No.#3 never really happend to me. The only thing about Combination locks I've had was: As soon as it was installed the connection to the server started to break up or getting critical (Message on screen: Connection failing) or something simililar. But actually didn't have any lag or problems..

No.#1 I had the respawn in forest problem, but since 0.1.1 exp. never again, if logged out on a bed

9. cladriah

cladriah Survivor Backer

May 21, 2015
    1. Getting stuck in the wall.
    2. Dual screen monitor issue.
    Okay I have two computer screens. Game plays on one. When I move the mouse left (Direction of the other screen) sometimes, the mouse leaves the game, and when clicking (firing a gun) i sort of pop out of the game. Note: Fullscreen
    3. Sometimes items get removed automatically from creation menu.

FallenEmber likes this.