• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

What are the physical limitations of a zombie?

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Can they do everything a human being can or should they have limits?

Can Zombies climb ladders? we see in movies they never can nor games, but why not? Does climbing a ladder require some higher function? You'd think a zombie would move in any way it could to get to the prey. Thoughts? Ideas?

Assuming a zombies fresh it should potentially have all the same degrees of motion a human being does. I aint discussing zombies in wheel chairs lol.

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
In this game, I'm happy with the current zombie movement mechanics. Breaking through doors and windows, climbing though ground floor openings, walking up stairs. Just what we've got at the moment.

Consider you've just spawned in, no weapons, no food. And it's night time. Being able to find a rock to jump on and crouch on top of has helped me survive a night more than once.

If zombies were able to climb or jump, that might just be a bit of a game breaker (for me). Perhaps that's we don't see it too much in films or other games? Or perhaps zombies don't remember how to do that, as they're just focussed on light/noise/killing the living? Something is missing from them, only the basic movements are available.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Yeah true. Its good to see other peoples ideas. Not such a great thing a zombie chasing you up a ladder lol. I do like the idea of the thrill from it, you'd be learning to climb ladders real fast haha.