• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

what did i miss.....

Thread starter #1

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
my computer has been fried for a bit and can't run games till I overhaul and update the hardware until then can someone tell me what i've missed?

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
How long have you been unable to play @WiseManNero ? I missed about three months of playtime, and the game has changed so much.
The good news is if your hardware would run the game in the play testing phase, it will still run it now.

Thread starter #4

WiseManNero

Backer
How long have you been unable to play @WiseManNero ? I missed about three months of playtime, and the game has changed so much.
The good news is if your hardware would run the game in the play testing phase, it will still run it now.
nope it can't even run minecraft right now the cpu is crap and i'm pretty sure I've all but fried my gpu

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Is the vid card allowing your pc to boot? Whats it doing?

Thread starter #6

WiseManNero

Backer
Is the vid card allowing your pc to boot? Whats it doing?
it boots just fine whenever i run a game it crashes i did have to downgrade to lower card for lets say reasons too lengthy to be worth typing so i'm currently using my old amd 8570 which previously didn't exactly suck but now it can't even run minecraft without crashing not an exaggeration

DZS

Survivor
Backer
it boots just fine whenever i run a game it crashes i did have to downgrade to lower card for lets say reasons too lengthy to be worth typing so i'm currently using my old amd 8570 which previously didn't exactly suck but now it can't even run minecraft without crashing not an exaggeration
Have you checked your psu? Guessing your not experiencing any bsod's? So many problems ive seen solved cause of a bad psu. You can get psu testers on ebay very useful https://www.ebay.com/p/PC-Computer-...pply-Tester/5016982370?iid=222499177526&rt=nc

I'd be checking ram as well, go download Hirens and run memtest https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
There are shed loads of hardware testing software products available on line, I won't recommend one here. But perhaps you have a heat issue? My main rig is partially water cooled. But because of the environment, it does collect a lot of dust. So I need to blow out the fans and rads. on a regular basis.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
There are shed loads of hardware testing software products available on line, I won't recommend one here. But perhaps you have a heat issue? My main rig is partially water cooled. But because of the environment, it does collect a lot of dust. So I need to blow out the fans and rads. on a regular basis.
That's a good point, dust is the enemy of pc's. Mines due for a cleanout. I knew a guy once who used to strip his entire pc back and pop the case in the shower, a bit xtreme but it does clean every speak of dust out. Cleaned my video card out once or twice as well. It cant hurt. Cigarette smoke is the worst, the crap ive seen built up from that.

Thread starter #10

WiseManNero

Backer
That's a good point, dust is the enemy of pc's. Mines due for a cleanout. I knew a guy once who used to strip his entire pc back and pop the case in the shower, a bit xtreme but it does clean every speak of dust out. Cleaned my video card out once or twice as well. It cant hurt. Cigarette smoke is the worst, the crap ive seen built up from that.
cleaned out the dust ages ago it was pretty bad and frankly probably why my card was scorched but i have absolutly been getting bsod's they're always different which probably means that my scorched card is what's responsible a screwed up card will likely not be able to process certain graphics resulting in a variety of random blue screens as the computer simply can't interpret the info from the program it's running

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm right behind @DZS here, as a heavy smoker the main rig gets gummed up quickly. First world problems! I've eight fans and three filters to clean. Yep I do a strip down and full clean every quarter year. Fortunately, I have other systems to use during that, because it takes me three days to complete the task. @WiseManNero , could you add additional fans to your rig? I've an additional fan in a spare PCI slot to help take the dust out of the system.

Thread starter #12

WiseManNero

Backer
I'm right behind @DZS here, as a heavy smoker the main rig gets gummed up quickly. First world problems! I've eight fans and three filters to clean. Yep I do a strip down and full clean every quarter year. Fortunately, I have other systems to use during that, because it takes me three days to complete the task. @WiseManNero , could you add additional fans to your rig? I've an additional fan in a spare PCI slot to help take the dust out of the system.
nah no space and the way they're arranged makes it basically impossible to add more than two even if i wanted two not even all that cramped just that the fans take up so much space

DZS

Survivor
Backer
cleaned out the dust ages ago it was pretty bad and frankly probably why my card was scorched but i have absolutly been getting bsod's they're always different which probably means that my scorched card is what's responsible a screwed up card will likely not be able to process certain graphics resulting in a variety of random blue screens as the computer simply can't interpret the info from the program it's running
Prob dry joints. Ive got a nice R9 200 series, the card got cooked from trying to play Solus project with a ridiculously high resolution scale. I think one of the mosfett's are fried. Not had a hot enough solder iron to attempt a repair. That was before i used to clean the fan, sure learnt my lesson after that albiet a costly one haha. Running a 7970 now, card just eats 200 series. Sapphire went down hill. When you get a new card could try cooking it in your oven, beware of the missus if you've got one :oops:

Heat gun is the best cheap option, cook that gpu hehe.