• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

What music are you listening to?

Thread starter #1

DZS

Survivor
Backer
To get the ball rolling

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm a bit 'old school' when it comes to music. I'll own up to listening to remixes from Matt Pop on the internet. He's rather good.
But when it comes to actually listening, then it's the record player, the Cambridge audio amps, the self build surround sound processor and the ten speakers I've either made of refurbished myself. The music? Well it's either Yes or Rush.
There's so much depth and quality in the music.
It 'speaks' to me, especially the Yes albums.
If you have never taken a moment just to listen to music, then I would suggest you do.
Take just a moment of your busy day, some time for yourself, and stop to listen to some music.
You don't need anything fancy, use your phone or PC.
The important thing is to actually listen and have a little time to yourself :)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Now this is what I'm talking about ...
Music that isn't just sound, but involves you.
OK, I'm listening on a high quality set of 7.1 surround sound headphones.
When comes to audio and visual stuff, I always buy or build the best I can.
It's one of the things I think the Devs at STN have got right from the start.
The background music is very atmospheric. In the stress tests, it helped me get in to the mood for the game.

Thread starter #7

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Audios an interesting discussion prob in another thread but it is something often overlooked and not much effort put into with many games.

Thread starter #8

DZS

Survivor
Backer

Enjoy your new life living inside your headset, dont V A P E to much. Next i'll introduce you to synthwave.

Thread starter #11

DZS

Survivor
Backer

Last but not least a very special lady called Dana Jean Phoenix

Some say shes the next Madonna

Thread starter #12

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Personal fav of mine
Mostly cause of the epic panther growl

Thread starter #13

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Now this is what I'm talking about ...
Music that isn't just sound, but involves you.
OK, I'm listening on a high quality set of 7.1 surround sound headphones.
When comes to audio and visual stuff, I always buy or build the best I can.
It's one of the things I think the Devs at STN have got right from the start.
The background music is very atmospheric. In the stress tests, it helped me get in to the mood for the game.
Try this out

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well @DZS , it doesn't matter how small your feather is, you'll still knock me down with it!! I especially liked Sung by Way Farer.
I've listened to all the tacks, and I like them all.
I've cranked the headphones right up, and mucked about with the EQ settings as well, well I can to that. I like my 'tunes', and I like them loud!
Thank-you for adding to my music choices with your posts.

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Just what are you doing there @DZS ? Those EQ settings are all over the place! Although I still need to thank-you for introducing me to new music artists and some great tunes, you need to work on your own music balances!

Thread starter #18

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Not my EQ settings, i found them rather randomly one night whilst looking for a way to make the youtube vlc plugin work which has long since been addressed.

Also you may enjoy this

Re new music all good m8 ive learnt about many different sorts over the last 5 years. Forums are good like that haha :p

Yeah i love Synthwave was introduced by a fellow Starcitizen backer ever since been hooked then i learnt about Vaporwave and finally Darkwave theres also Retrowave which is interesting mashes of sound clips and 80's themes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthwave_(2000s_genre)

You could say Synthwave is a modern re-emergence of newwave. Farcry Blooddragons soundtrack is mostly Synthwave.

Some of the best artists are Trevor Something and Robert Parker also the album Timecop1983 Journeys is great.

Last edited:
Thread starter #19

DZS

Survivor
Backer
The newest Seether album is freakin killer..me and my band are doing this song as well :)
Yeah not bad, dont get into alot of modern metal/rock underground stuff is all good though.