• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Whats you're gaming background? And how many years have you played??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

TheDbagger

I started playing games when I was about 4 and got really into them at 5 years of age..(I'm 14 at the moment)

I've played 4 years or competitive Call of Duty

2 years of Battlefield

2 years of Misc games (Skyrim,Skate, and other games of the sort.)

and almost one year of PC Games. (DayZ and all that good stuff.)

Almost 9 years what about you guys?

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer
I've been playing games literally all my life. I had a ps1 when I was around 2-3 and have been trying and playing literally everything since then upgrading to ps2 Xbox, xbox 360 and ps3.

First pc game I bought was morrowind with the expansion packs and I've only recently just bought it again.

I'm into browser gaming aswell. Played a few games but my favourite was a great mmorpg called Gunshine (later renamed to Zombies online).

I'm hoping after a few more years of 3d modelling and game development I can start releasing small short story games for the pc.

Moderator #3

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I started Gaming on the Sega Megadrive when I was about 4-5 years old, Playing Sonic the Hedgehog!! I then moved to the PS1 playing Colin Mcrae Rally and Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and many other legendary games! I then progressed onto a PS2 playing several games, My Dad then bought an Xbox (Original) played Halo, Halo 2 and many other games like Driv3r. I had an Xbox360 for a while, In-fact I still own a 360 slim with the 250GB HDD :p But I'm now a PC Gamer, so I've roughly been gaming for approx.

15 years of my life! I have been playing Computer Games for and I've not regretted any of it :p

Tally Ho!

Vinney

Chef
Backer
I started when i was 6 or so when PS1 was out the PS2 then PS3 and Xbox360 then Xbox360 Slim then Computer the Xbox One

Sylvire

Backer
Well, it all started long long time ago with Sinclair 48K ZX Spectrum. That was followed by Commodore 64 and 8-Bit Nintendo. After that came 16-Bit Nintendo and PC which once almost made me burn the house down when I forget food in oven while playing another 24h Civilization session.

Then came Playstation, though I still kept playing PC, followed by Playstation 2 and later Xbox 360.

Right now I got Xbox 360 and just bought new PC 2 weeks ago.

Game history is Adventure games, RPG's, flight simulators and "sandbox" games of different types. (Too many to tell all here)

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
I started on Pong, then came Space Invaders and Arcade machines, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, VIC 20, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Amstrad CPC6128, Macintosh, ColecoVision, Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Mega Drive, PC, I then discovered girls and guitars and had a break for a while and now back on PC.
Im sure Ive missed something, there were some LCD handheld games in the early 80's too like Donkey Kong and such but some of my fondest gaming memories are of the Early Mac, C64, hearing digitised voices for the 1st time in the game Bomb Squad on Coleco Vision and playing the 1st Star Wars arcade game with the wire frame graphics and real movie sound FX :eek:

Gee Im an old fart!

Moderator #8

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Started on Atari, then Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Playstation, Sega Saturn, Playstation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and now strictly PC, but have done PC gaming on and off for about 20+ years.

Some of my all time favorite games were from the early-mid 90s... The original X-Com: UFO Defense, Master of Orion 1 and 2, etc. I still jam on them from time to time. Played a lot of Simcity on PC and Super Nintendo back in the day, Simcity 2000 on PC, Tie Fighter and Wing Commander on PC, The Elder Scrolls games on PC and Xbox 360... played a ton of Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Xbox 360... now lots of time into DayZ Mod and the Standalone, Project Zomboid, Kerbal Space Program, etc.

Dregonoid

Nowhere to bike :(
Backer
Began on the PS2 playing Battlefront 2 when I was 12 ish. Quickly move to PC and then bought a PS 3.

Mainly RTS (Supreme Commander 1, Medieval Total War 2 etc.) Picked up some other games, realized my dusty gnome cant handle modern games :(
Played League of Legends from S1 to end S3 when I realized total waste of my time and I quit.
Played BF3 like no tomorrow on PS 3

Last edited:

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Started when I was around 3-4 ish and it was on my PlayStation, I can't recall the games. (Memory is fuzzy) I had on there but I know I had and played it, then the Nintendo playing Super Mario, then when I was 5-6 I got a PlayStation 2 where I began one of my favorite series to this day "Ratchet and Clank". Then progressively went into Xbox and the Xbox 360 ad PS3 playing COD, BF3, other shooters. But now I am a PC gamer playing pretty much every type of game out there except for maybe MMOs.

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
25 years ~

Atari - pong :D

Went onto Sinclair ZX Speccy, then C64 etc etc etc

Started coding when I was 8

10PRINT "Can you understand this?"
20INPUT A$
30 If A$ = "Yes" then print "You old fart!"
40 if A$ = "No" then print "eh your a young un!"
50 GOTO 10

I remember those days, I too was a game designer, well txt based adventures anyway lol :)

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I'm very similar to @Strider

Alba Pong - was a variant of Atari with different types of pong.

ZX81 and pretty much all consoles from NES to 360.

Used to code my own text adventures aswell, but haven't done it in a long time.

I reckon my gaming history is around 27-28 years. I'm definitely a old fart :)

Last edited:

Spiers

Where the food at?
Nothing too impressive like the above posts.

Started with the Nintendo 64 when I was 10 (22 now).
Family bought our first brick computer (with the noisy dial-up internet), from there I was introduced to the "Xena, The Warrior Princess" game on the floppy disk.
Stopped for a few years and then got back into PC gaming, but then we bought the PS2 - was addicted to that for a couple of years - playing GTA, San Andreas.
Moved onto the XBOX (CoD, Battlefield, FIFA) then to the Playstation 3 and now back to PC. My fiancee and I play a lot of MOBA games, with me playing these survival games on the side. I'm currently into "7 Days to Die" on Steam.

The End :O

Blaze Jay

The Playa
Backer
20 years:
  • ~1994 Commodore 64: "Contra", "Mario bros", "Pit stop", "Micropross soccer" itp.
  • 1998 first PC: "Sim City", "Dungeon keeper", "GTA San Andreas", "Theme Hospital", "X-Com", "Fallout", "Medieval Total War" itp.
  • 2009 PC/PS3: "Call of Duty", "GTA 4", "Fallout New Vegas", "Skyrim", seria Total War, "Civilization 4", "Gods of War", "Fifa"
  • 2011 PC again: "DayZ", "League of Legends", "Civilization 5", "Rome 2 Total War"... 90 other games in my steam libary :p
Do not regret any of 10000s hours of gaming... GAMING IS MY LIFE :D

Meatl0af

Senile Member
in the late 70's used to have some basic games like pong!, got a Commodore Vic 20 in 1981, from there progressed to C64 and in the early 90's i purchased my first IBM (386 with 20mb hdd), I quickly upgraded the video card so I could play wolfentein 3D and never looked back from there

Cookie

Officially Unofficial.
Backer
11 years...

I started playing on PC for a long time when I was 3-4 (my first game being Command & Conquer: Renegade) then my dad came in one day with an Xbox and I drained most of my life on that. Then I one day got bored and got a laptop and found Minecraft and played that for about 1year of my life. I waited so long for the Xbox360 and it finally came out I bought it on Christmas and drained another huge part of life on that. Present day, I recently got back to PC gaming and it's so much better. I plan on selling my Xbox360 (and all my games) for $200! Now I wait, for StN. Not very detailed I know, but I'll add to it when I get home.

Ossium

The Gunsmith
Backer
I have played Flight sims since i was 3 (Back then crashing a 747 was hilarious) i started playing open world games, i have hated every single one.( Not because i hate open world but all of them were derpy except of Fallout) but i hope to god STN will be up to my expectations

Percussion Gun

Cheese wedge
Backer
For me it began in the 90s with legend of Zelda: oracle of ages on the GB color. From there I progressed to playing Star Trek: Voyager (my first FPS) on an ancient PC along with Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.

Recently bought Dark Forces 2 on steam during a sale, oh man the memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.