• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Wheel Boot

Thread starter #1

Eyolo

Backer
Idea : A findable or craft-able boot for a vehicle wheel that can be locked and unlocked with keys, or taken off with effort with a hacksaw.

Items Needed :

• 3 Length of Pipe
  • 1 Metal Chain
  • 1 Boat Anchor (For the actual boot)
  • 1 Master Lock (For which you have a key)
Tools Needed :

• Bolt Cutter

Description :

Chain is fed around vehicle's rim and through the three lengths of pipe (to prevent cutting) and then through a boat anchor wedged into the wheel well. The chain is then pulled tightly and a master lock is placed inside the wheel well (again to make getting to it with a bolt cutter difficult).

If a player attempts to drive the vehicle with the boot on it, it will make a lot of noise, make driving more difficult, and damage the car if not destroy the tire completely.

This can be used to lock up your vehicle when going out, or if you come back to your house and see it being raided to prevent escape, or just to secure a vehicle you want to come back for in town after you get parts for it.

I am not much of an artist but I can sketch up a concept for it tomorrow after work.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I would rather take the wheel off and throw it in a bush. And on that note why don't I just take that chain infested wheel off and slap a new one on there.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Use one that has a key, such as the cops use when you park illegally.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
If your out of fuel and need to leave your vehicle behind this is a cool idea to keep it locked-up, plus for those that want to make larger community's they could use this to wall of areas with vehicles.
+1

Chez

Survivor
Backer
I kind of like the idea but also dont want to be driving somewhere get out to check a gas station then some jerk comes by and boots my car and i cant use it anymore unless i can find a saw and find them and get the key. this would give trolls something to troll with and troll badly with since Vehicles are always a very popular and needed items in these kinds of games.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I too am fond of this idea. Not only as a way to keep your vehicle from being moved or stolen but would be good for an ambush for other survivors. See a group come into town. Throw a boot on them and when they try to leave they are trapped and you could hold them up (or most likely get the drop on them and be able to win a fire fight if that's your sort of thing). +1

JoshGaarax3

Backer
I kind of like the idea but also dont want to be driving somewhere get out to check a gas station then some jerk comes by and boots my car and i cant use it anymore unless i can find a saw and find them and get the key. this would give trolls something to troll with and troll badly with since Vehicles are always a very popular and needed items in these kinds of games.
Yeah I can imagine trolls going around booting random peoples cars but not only would they need to gather the materials and be at the right place at the right time to even do it this thing is going to cover a whole wheel and a boat anchor too? unless these people are hulk hogan I dont think they'll be carrying these things around.